• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newer DX Teebirds Q

mesh1er

Par Member
I've been working with a dx teebird that I got a few weeks ago, and was just wondering why the thing is so freakin stiff? Doesn't feel like the same DX as some older stuff I've got. Feels kinda like a bucket lid...and sounds like one too when I thump it. Just feels super tight. Is this some new DX variation that I just didn't hear about?

heh. they actually fly the same as some prime dx teebirds that came out ~2002. super stiff, super durable (for dx), hold a line forever.

the big thing is, that this new stiff run of teebirds is the shape that teebirds were in from 1999-2004 that many of us grew to know and love.

what about the new dx eagles i find them more overstable i really gotta push in order to turn these things over.

New DX Plastic.New stiffer now I notice that some of the new plastic on some of the disc I use are much

And now takes a little longer to break in.Not a real big difference but it is noticeable.

Takeichi said:
what about the new dx eagles i find them more overstable i really gotta push in order to turn these things over.

The new dx eagles are the "l" mold. They should be much easier to get turning and have them stay turned all the way to the ground. I did break out an old dx eagle the other day that I think may be a misstamped firebird.

The fly well, just feel a bit odd to me.

Dunno what it is about my dx bird.... I throw the champ bird straight... but I seem to yank the dx off to the right over and over again.

I often wish that it was as easy to figure out / correct off axis torque as it is to tell someone else that they have it.

Screw off axis torque. I wish death upon it.

..Yet it's killing me..... :shock:

throwing champ teebirds the way that you are will not help it.

chances are you will find that disc in particular will end up a lot more overstable than you think it is.

correcting it is about matching your power plane with the disc plane and not skewing it with follow through, wrist motion, etc.

throwing slow discs will also help.

another thing to try is to learn shots that require/use off axis torque to aid in the disc flight for said shot. e.g. learning to throw turnovers by using a wrist roll over. once you are doing it on purpose it makes it less common to do it by accident.

domromer said:
sounds like off axis torque.

That or a poor rip. Does the disc fly to the right right from the hand or with an anhyzer angle or both? It just might be that you have a grip lock or the disc doesn't rip cleanly off of one of your fingers.

I had too much pinky pressure with my first trials of the fork grip with the Teebird. The disc stuck to my pinky leaving to the right anhyzer and wobbly. I alleviated the problem by moving the pinky lower on the rim. That didn't help enough so I gave up that grip.

i would guess you're throwing the champ with hyzer an doff axis torque and its standing up ok b/c its more stable. its all about getting on that super level plane and then torque issues disappear. one of the things that people often odnt get about distance is the follow through and acceleration. slow everything down and get that dx bird straight and then go from there....

all humble opinions of course

throwing the dx TB last night, it is really apparent how much that follow through levels the thing out. and it *really* has to be released flat cause just the littlest bit of annhyzer and that sucker will hold the line way over to the right.

at least for how i throw....

chachi said:
throwing the dx TB last night, it is really apparent how much that follow through levels the thing out. and it *really* has to be released flat cause just the littlest bit of annhyzer and that sucker will hold the line way over to the right.

at least for how i throw....

That's why beat DX Teebirds are so great. You can throw from a hyzer and flatten them rather than having to throw them flat to get a straight shot.