• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko ITB

He's thrown them and liked them. But he can do anything with a Wiz so he didn't bag it.

I probably could pay him to like it though :|

Yeah that's a great idea! Cuz he's got such a great track record of promoting his sponsors :doh:

a lot of people got caught up in the Prodigy money hype train and believing that it was going to be a game changer. Many of them were wrong. Tho the core group of solid prodigy promoters has still done quite well. Nikko and Prodigy was pretty much the worst fit of all time.

Nikko went to Innova for a very short period of time before moving to Prodigy though. He was chasing sponsorship money but the whole time he probably could have made more if he just threw a mixed bag with Gateway.

I think the bottom line is Nikko wants to do his own thing and doesn't like being limited. Dave was okay with him throwing a mixed bag when he was with Gateway, but he did try to push a full bag sponsorship on Nikko a few times. The offers he made were very generous - much more than what he was getting with a mixed bag sponsorship. Nikko just refused over and over. Not sure why he ever went to an all Innova and then an all Prodigy bag - the money must've been good. Not surprising those partnerships didn't last though.

Mixed bags are where it's at. Throw what works for you! That said....I wouldn't ever sponsor Nikko if I was a DG company. He jumps around way too much.

Mixed bags are where it's at. Throw what works for you! That said....I wouldn't ever sponsor Nikko if I was a DG company. He jumps around way too much.

A 1010 traveling Innova pro told me for the past two years, his sponsor bonus money matched his PDGA tournament winnings.

So a mixed bag sounds foolish to me at his level of play.

A 1010 traveling Innova pro told me for the past two years, his sponsor bonus money matched his PDGA tournament winnings.

So a mixed bag sounds foolish to me at his level of play.

This exactly. A good sponsorship is probably more important than a mixed bag. But it is of course a cost/benefit analysis, and maybe with his on- and off-course antics Nikko can't get the kind of sponsorship right now that would outweigh the benefits of a mixed bag.

Nikko has made over $26,000 this year in winnings. Highly doubtful he made anywhere near that from his sponsors.

Nikko has made over $26,000 this year in winnings. Highly doubtful he made anywhere near that from his sponsors.

As he has an open bag...of course.

Head shake

My post wasn't saying he could double his money, but that $10,000+ is easily obtainable at his level of play with a solid sponsor.

Man, that was the weirdest ITB I've ever watched in terms of disc choices (to me).

As he has an open bag...of course.

Head shake

My post wasn't saying he could double his money, but that $10,000+ is easily obtainable at his level of play with a solid sponsor.

I was more making a statement to the post above mine. But to respond to this, what does a "solid sponsor" mean in today's disc golf market?