• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko's USDGC bag

banzai7

Double Eagle Member
Anyone know what Nikko had in the bag at the USDGC? I know it's mixed, but what's in there?

The Gateway Stuff:

Wizard
Sabre
Blaze
Illusions
Spirits

The other stuff
Boss
Destroyer
Buzz
XCaliber
Stalker (if he's not throwing a Sabre)

I was watching him practice putting before final the round and it was amazing. He was hitting 30+ footers at almost 90%. The rest of his game was dead on too (obviously). He was throwing loooong, but also keeping it in the middle of the fairway, and parking shots from ridiculous distances. There were several holes where he threw a midrange when some others on his card threw drivers. Some of those others hit trees and Nikko didn't. Nice to see a pro 'disc down'. I couldn't see what the mid was. It made an odd sound (sort of stiff or hollow) when it landed.

According to David McCormack's blog:

Spirits
Assassins
Blazes
Wizards
"and his newly found love for the Magic as his putter"

I'm guessing there was some other stuff in there too.

Dogma said:
I was watching him practice putting before final the round and it was amazing. He was hitting 30+ footers at almost 90%. The rest of his game was dead on too (obviously). He was throwing loooong, but also keeping it in the middle of the fairway, and parking shots from ridiculous distances. There were several holes where he threw a midrange when some others on his card threw drivers. Some of those others hit trees and Nikko didn't. Nice to see a pro 'disc down'. I couldn't see what the mid was. It made an odd sound (sort of stiff or hollow) when it landed.

According to David McCormack's blog:

Spirits
Assassins
Blazes
Wizards
"and his newly found love for the Magic as his putter"

I'm guessing there was some other stuff in there too.

Dave must just not notice the Innova and Discraft stuff in there. :wink:

To me, this is the biggest news of the year... A mixed bag player WON...

I would think everybody would want to know what Nikko is throwing... could make disc sales interesting in 2010.

First question I wanted to know the anwser to once I heard he won it all.

This isn't terribly helpful, but at least it's something. It's his lie on 18 when he is about to lay up. I cropped it to show the disc. I believe it was a mid - the one that sounded oddly stiff. No idea what mold it is though.
677127736_qVdkE-S.jpg

I know for sure that two of his putters were blood red Gateway discs. Not sure which mold as I didn't get a close look at the stamp. I assumed Wizards till I saw Dave's comments about the Magic. He wasn't driving with the red ones, just putting.

Those bright red putters are Wizards cause he tried to get me to buy some when I got the organics instead, he was raving about how much he loved them but I didn't like that they had more dome/shoulder on top than all my other Wizards

Furthur said:
His 2nd shot? That's the shape of line the Blaze exells at.
Yes, second shot. Here is is about to throw it (he's in the middle of the people silhouetted against the water). Throwing uphill, he went about 260 feet. Fairway bends to his left and also slopes left. From where I took the photo the basket is to my right and farther back. He placed it perfectly (as he did the drive before it) right in the middle of the fairway.
677431795_ZJXyN-M.jpg

Dogma said:
This isn't terribly helpful, but at least it's something. It's his lie on 18 when he is about to lay up. I cropped it to show the disc. I believe it was a mid - the one that sounded oddly stiff. No idea what mold it is though.
677127736_qVdkE-S.jpg

I know for sure that two of his putters were blood red Gateway discs. Not sure which mold as I didn't get a close look at the stamp. I assumed Wizards till I saw Dave's comments about the Magic. He wasn't driving with the red ones, just putting.

I was walking with the DOT tech crew and saw in His bag. Those two Red Putters where Def Magics. The Blue disc he threw on 888 and the Arena hole was a Destroyer according to His Girlfriend.

BLURR said:
Well...looks like Magic sales are about to go up :D

I bet they are really just Magic-stamped Wizards and its a big fuggin' sales ploy.

He was throwing bottom stamped star destroyers for D at the Vibram if that helps at all.

A local retailer has a couple of boxes of those red magics that he is supposedly putting with. Red with a black stamp. But he also has some wizards that are the same red and black stamp.

Furthur said:
Wait, wizards with the magic stamp?

No wizards and magics that are the correct stamp but both are red with a black stamp. Thus, while some have said he was throwing red magics with a black stamp, they are also selling red wizards with a black stamp.

The magic is a pretty good disc. I don't think it's one of those "only use this disc" for all putting/up shots kind of disc, but it's great for stuff under 200' where you want dead straight or under stability. It'll hold a nice hyzer, too, but thrown with any power and it turns over.

It reacts like a worn wizard, voodoo, warlock, etc. but it's that way right out of the box, which makes it easy to replace and considering that type of use, it doesn't wear quickly.