• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Non-Innova Rhyno

I think a soft Westside Harp would be the way to go. completely flat and has the same similar flight pattern to a Rhyno

I had been throwing Rhynos for 15+ years, started throwing Harps this year and im not looking back. More tweener putter/mid feel than the Rhyno, flies faster but its super controllable and easy to work for different shots and distances.

Never thrown a Rhyno, but I've held them in the store... feels similar to my VP, though the VP doesn't have the thumbtrack. Flat-top, big bead putter with little/no glide. Works well for spin-putters, and it handles a headwind better than any putter should. Cuts a headwind, like butter, which also makes it a very straight, predictable driving putter.

Downsides: lack of glide, suits players with bigger hands better due to the rim depth and large bead, takes some understanding of the flight pattern before you can get into it (similar to putting with a mid-range or driver at first)

I cast another vote for factory store stiff r-pros. I have 3 pink n's and they are wonderful. the firmness/flex is very similar, but they are drier and not quite as buttery. Just buy several to spread out the shipping cost and have a practice quiver.

I replaced my champ Rhyno with a Zero line Sinus. Personally, I never liked the feel of the Rhyno anyways. I use it mostly for short to medium puts into the wind.

I'd challenge anyone to find a better Rhyno replacement than the RDG Scale.
I know it might be a bit cocky on my part but I designed the mold to be exactly that.

In similar fashion as the Rhyno (BB Aviar bottom with a more OS top) the Scale takes a legendary PnA mold (Wizard) and makes it more OS with an increased nose height and a contoured top. While the Rhyno has the classic thumtrac, the Scale features a "thumb contour" that is similar to the Banger-GT top but on a much less drastic depth.

Combine the similar design elements with some of the best baseline blends on the market...
The Scale is the Rhyno killer ;)
Try one out! You'll dig it!

I'd challenge anyone to find a better Rhyno replacement than the RDG Scale.
I know it might be a bit cocky on my part but I designed the mold to be exactly that.

In similar fashion as the Rhyno (BB Aviar bottom with a more OS top) the Scale takes a legendary PnA mold (Wizard) and makes it more OS with an increased nose height and a contoured top. While the Rhyno has the classic thumtrac, the Scale features a "thumb contour" that is similar to the Banger-GT top but on a much less drastic depth.

Combine the similar design elements with some of the best baseline blends on the market...

Coulda used one yesterday or today, nasty winds... Mostly wondering how the Scale lands and flys in heavy winds...specifically landings...do they stick or skip with the fade the disc has? In other words does it's LSS give the flight plate to the wind and skip? Might need a soft plastic and more firm to compliment as I still throw my Rhino on calm days...more confident in that than glidier putters.

be9W7OQw.png

My fossil Scales don't skip that much. Defiantly less than my Sobek or a Gator does.

If you are worried about the skip try an Eraser or RFF Scale.

Discraft Zone is even more overstable than a Rhyno. It's classified as a putter but I never really use one to putt because they're such hogs. I throw the zone for 100-150' hyzer forehands and they are mad consistent, even with a headwind. The risk of turning a zone over is minimal unless you really huck one.

How would a P2 compare to the Rhyno? The Scale sounds great, but personally I'm looking for a Rhyno replacement that doesn't have any kind of thumbtrac, thumb contour, etc.

Also, being a tweener would the Harp overlap with a Gator?

The other putter I'm seriously considering is an Envy, but I'm not sure I want a disc with glide in that role.

P2 IMO is more like the envy. Both have a little more glide.

The groove on the scale flight plate is very shallow and nothing like a banger GT or birdie etc. Its there but you dont reallllly notice and lacks glide for sure.

The D-P2 I threw was more like a glidier Wizard than a Rhyno to me.

If you're looking for something close to the Rhyno that feels similar, the Breaker will be faster like a Zone or Pig, but it'll be somewhat close.

I'll probably stick with the Rhyno for a while because it does its job just fine, but I've been thinking about swapping just to get the thumbtrac out of my bag. Plus all this sexy new plastic is tempting compared to my very utilitarian Rhyno.