• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie!

Hello All! I just wanted to let everybody know my family and I finally got to throw a few discs at the basket today. Lol. We really enjoyed it! And my 12 year old lefty daughter had great form. My hubby even took a few shots. He's thinking that it will be something we could really get into. We got out, got some fresh air and exercise, and it was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the next time we can get out and do it again!
Thanks to everyone who offered help, advice and a little encouragement! :clap:

I for one, would like to see more families getting into this game.

That is great to hear! My wife and son went out to the course without me today and played two rounds against a few other people for bag tags! It is safe to say that my family is addicted! I hope you keep enjoying your disc golf adventures VirginiaGrown24!

yippe to disc golfing families!!!! god willing I will have one soon! popping the question in two weeks! its great to get outside and many people don't especially as a family. Hope you had a ton of fun!!!

I think that getting your whole family into the sport is great, but here's a word of advice: If someone comes up behind you, show some etiquette and let them play through. I get the feeling that the OP is a polite woman, but man I hate running into families on the course because I have never been offered a chance to play through by a family. No joke.

Have you ever asked politely? Every family I've run into like that just didn't know they were supposed to let people through. After a friendly explanation, just about every single family group I've run into has happily let us play through and said they would do that for other groups in the future. I'm always thrilled to see parents bringing kids out to the course, it makes it easier to sell new courses to parks departments if that's a part of our demographic, and it's a great way to grow the sport.

My four year old daughter loves going out to the course with me. It's awesome having her along and watching the enjoyment she has.:thmbup: Plus it distracts from my pitiful game.

yippe to disc golfing families!!!! god willing I will have one soon! popping the question in two weeks! its great to get outside and many people don't especially as a family. Hope you had a ton of fun!!!

Hope it goes well for you :) My wife and I met on a disc golfing trip - have a 7 year old that plays and 5 year old that likes to throw a couple times and then pick flowers for me (dandelions). Have another too young to play, but she loves when we hand her a disc she will run up to the basket and put it in.

I started playing back in 82 - my parents and I went out playing together all the time.

Love to see families out playing, glad to see more.

That's great to hear! My dad and I play disc golf together everyday just about and it's things like that you can't buy.

Latest posts