• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Carolina Disc Golf

Trey133 said:
David Weaver and I just won the Elon Black doubles over the weekend! We beat the USDGC qualifying Tuck's!!!!
Would that be some Tucker brothers you are referring to? I used to play with Drew and Dave down in Wilmington back in the day, I know they've got two other bros in Charlotte.

I am very new to DG. Actually. I haven't even played my first round yet. Up to now I have only played ball golf. But since I've always loved throwing a frisbee, I figured that I'd give it a go.
I have some discs on order through Discgolfcenter.com. Expect them delivered some time this week. Then I'll have to wait until my local course opens again. It's been closed for some maintenance. It's called Glenn Hilton Park in Hickory. Anyone heard of it?
I've heard it's a really nice course. My wife says she'll walk with me when I play. It'll be good exercise for us both.

Just thought I'd chime in!

Len

Rather than start a new thread I'm going to jack this one for a minute. I'm going to be spending a weekend in Angier, NC at the beginning of April. I am planning on two days to golf. Obvious questions to ensue: what courses are must plays? Which ones do I skip? I'd like to play as many unique courses as possible, but quality is more important than quanity.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Angier is the perfect distance between Fayetteville and Raleigh. You gotta play Buckhorn which is about 30 minutes from Angier and since you'll be up that way you might as well play Middle Creek while you're up that way. You gotta play whichever course in Fayetteville was redesigned because it is awesome (I always get the two mixed up). You can also hit up Sanford which has a fun little course. If you don't mind some driving you should play the course down in Lumberton, it plays around a couple of lakes and is a beautiful course.

Also Angier has a dinker 9 hole at a park in downtown that is unplayable most of the time because you have to throw over baseball fields and volleyball courts. If you want to warm up before playing a real course stop by there when there is no one there.

p.s. PM when you're in town, I'm only like 15 minutes away from Angier, we could grab a few rounds together.

Cool. Who knows which one in Fayetteville is the redesign? I'll for sure hit you
up. I'll probably be playing on the Friday and Saturday that I'm there.

Cedar Hills is a must if in the raleigh area...uncdgc should also be on the list.

edit: Zebulon should be on there too...

man what the hell are you doing in Angier of all places? My one bedroom apartment is bigger than the town of Angier.

ferretdance03 said:
Cool. Who knows which one in Fayetteville is the redesign?

Mazerick, definitely worth playing. Arnette Park, which is also in Fayetteville, is kind of meh.

Definitely come up Raleigh way and at least get Buckhorn and Middle Creek in. If you got more time there are a bunch of other courses in the triangle area worth playing (Zebulon, UNC, Cedar Hill, Leigh Farm, etc.)

keltik said:
man what the hell are you doing in Angier of all places? My one bedroom apartment is bigger than the town of Angier.
Heh, some friends of ours live there. It's funny, he said the same thing.

Myself and a couple of buds are heading to Charlotte at the end of March. We are looking for floor space to lay our heads the night of Monday, March 29. I've asked some locals at DGCR and for various reasons, so far it's been a no go. This site has it's share of players that have been playing longer than many there; so I'm appealing to "old school" players who perhaps have a tradition of hosting out of towners. I've stayed with many people over the years and none would say anything bad about my or my crew's visit. I've also hosted at my home. Anyone out there willing to offer up some floor space for a night?

I'm going to be in Black Hill, NC from July 12-18 with my girlfriend and her family. It's likely that I will be able to sneak out a bit and play some DG.

Based on a quick DGCR search I'm thinking;
Black Mountain- It's close so I might hit it up a few times
Richmond Hill- The closes 4 disc course

Any thoughts? Anyone live in the area wanna have a good old fashioned DGR meetup?

TIA!

You've got a PM. There's a line somewhere near Statesville that Frank and I have mutually agreed not to cross, so you're definitely in my territory. I tried to find Frank once at the USDGC once, but he hid from me. I don't think he liked my hat.

Dogma said:
You've got a PM. There's a line somewhere near Statesville that Frank and I have mutually agreed not to cross, so you're definitely in my territory. I tried to find Frank once at the USDGC once, but he hid from me. I don't think he liked my hat.

I'll be down there this year also. You coming down again?

It's on the calendar, but we haven't made a definite plan yet. We're not great about planning that far ahead. Probably make a decision in September. I'll definitely try to find you if we make the trip.

Latest posts