• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Strabane Twp. Disc Golf Course (southwestern Pa)

Any updates on the progress of this course? My parents live on Cannonsburg lake and I am going to visit in July. My 68 year old mom wants me to take her to play DG when I come to visit and I have been trying to find a nearby course. This would be perfect

We are still working on this course. The front nine is rough but playable for sure. Hopefully Allinflop will be able to provide an updated map soon. We have been asked to have 18 holes playable, with permanent baskets by June so hopefully by the time you come and visit they will all be done. Then it will be all about polishing the course, putting in alternate tees, permanant tee signs and altenate pin positions etc.

So I was running in North Strabane park yesterday and was surprised and excited to see several disc catchers around the park. I haven't played much the last few years because there aren't any courses nearby, but I am thrilled to learn that one is being installed. I live nearby and am willing to help if needed!

Ben

So I was running in North Strabane park yesterday and was surprised and excited to see several disc catchers around the park. I haven't played much the last few years because there aren't any courses nearby, but I am thrilled to learn that one is being installed. I live nearby and am willing to help if needed!

Ben

Ben,
We would be thrilled to have your help. Send me a pm or an email at ehouseholder17 at gmail .com and we can get some things set up.

Good work going on down there. Eric and Tim have put in a tremendous amount of work with lots more to be done. It's gonna be a real fun course in an area that desperately needs one.

If you have a pair of loppers, some gloves and a rake, I am sure these guys would love it if you could come out and help for a few hours. It will help you appreciate all of the work that they have already put in. Send em a message and donate a few hours. So many people will appreciate it.

Thanks for walking around with me today guys.

Chris,

Thanks so much for helping out yesterday. It was great to bounce design ideas back and forth. Tim and I took alot away from walking the layout with you and the back 9 will definitely be better because of it. And if that wasn't enough you did a great job helping us clear fairway 10. Thanks again!!!!!!

Just saw this thread for the first time. Please continue to post work days when you could use volunteers. I live in waynesburg and would love to help when I'm available.

Just saw this thread for the first time. Please continue to post work days when you could use volunteers. I live in waynesburg and would love to help when I'm available.

Sent you a pm with my info.....for anyone else who wants to come out and help we meet mostly on Mon nights and Sat. We have basically 5 weeks before we do the kick off event on June 22nd and have tons of things to get done still.

My understanding is that people are encouraged to test this course out now? I am thinking of stopping up and playing here on Friday.

How are things coming guys? I know there was lots of work to be done on the back 9. I'd like to come out once all 18 are in and playable.

Our biggest roadblock right now is baskets. We were told by the township they were ordered over 5 weeks ago but so far no baskets......

We are moving ahead with tees and signage for the front and the back 9 has 2 holes that are basically not started yet. Other than that the back 9 is coming along nicely. We could play the other 7 to a temp basket if we had them.

Come out and check out the front 9.....things to consider when you play it:
The baskets are still intstep ( we are getting discatchers) and the tees are natural but signage is in place and the grass has been recently cut.

If I was going to make notes on a hole by hole basis

Hole 1 basically done just needs basket and real tee pad
2 needs some clearing on the left side and maybe a tree or 2 still to come out
3 the green got trashed from some equipment leaving muddy ruts and the extreme left side of fairway might need some clearing
4 90 percent done...little pruning here or there
5 needs the long tee cleared and some clearing on the far side of the green
6 we are going to move the basket back almost another 100ft and need to decide where the other tee goes
7 once the grass gets cut again it is 100 percent
8 might need to remove a branch by the short tee but very close to 100 percent
9 can prob do some fairway widening

If you can make it out please do and the sooner the better. Send me a pm if you want a guide or want to discuss anything about the layout etc.