• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Not sure this will grow the sport.

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Learned about this on a radio talk show "Opie with Jim Norton" formally Opie & Anthony…

Frisbee golf…they spent the morning goofing on disc golf because of this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfhmG_9ZqAs

Then googled and found www.frolf.com as what they though disc golf was. Do we have any hackers that can crash that frolf site...how embarassing.

I still don't get why we care what other people think about disc golf.

The homepage says "Frolf, unlike Disc Golf..."

So right away they separate themselves from Disc Golf. So Opie and Jim were goofing on Frolf, not Disc Golf.

Does anybody that doesn't play realize there's a difference between Frolf and Disc Golf? Until this very second, I didn't realize there was any distinction.

I still don't get why we care what other people think about disc golf.

Most people probably have the same opinion of disc golf as they have of hackey sack. I'm right with ya, I don't care and don't require validation.

I agree with this view of disc golf, frolf, Frisbee golf or whatever else it's called. I'm always amazed at how elitist some golfers act. Funny stuff.

Ya could have warned about the video. It's not kid (or work) friendly.

It does matter what other people think about disc golf if you want new courses put in...

Really, any serious attempt to lobby for course installation should include a professional presentation of the sport. If you are selling any idea, YOU tell the customer what to think about disc golf.

YIKES! How about a NSFW warning on the youtube vid!

I don't think it will hurt the sport. The people who make decisions on implementing disc golf courses into their communities aren't going to go and reference a shock jock radio bit or a silly youtube video about a guy who has uncontrollable orgasms. And the Frolf website looks to be pretty dead already.

I don't see how this is growing the sport, but I also don't think it's hurting it. I can't tell what's worse though, that video or the word frolf. God I hate frolf, frolfing.... any word along those lines.

It didnt occur to me that a discussion about a medical condition was NSFW. They didnt show anything sexual, it just looked like he was having cramps.
Sorry (not sarcastically sorry either) my bad.

I actually feel opposite...that it is more elitist to NOT care about the validity of the sport. This is what leads to apathy by park departments, disc golf companies, clubs. Then we play and get frustrated at trash, unsafe designs, poor quality equipment, coddled pros, and unkempt courses...

I dont smoke or hacky sack. As with most stereotypes, it can be frustrating to be serious about a sport (the competition and growth) and be labeled a burned out, lazy, drunk, hippy. Im mostly proud of our sport and want others to experience it. I think its valuable to re-orient bad stereotypes in all walks of life.

Unfortunately, this, like many before it, will end up in the Landfill.

I feel bad for the guy. I also feel terrible for laughing. My mind is so confused as to what reaction I should have.

Standard Hazards
Hazards cost you a shot. Standard hazards are intended to preserve the sanity of the community unwittingly made part of your game. On occasion, some hazards can be viewed as non-hazards, or bonuses.
1. Parked cars excluding their tires
2. Moving cars including their tires
3. Babies, senior citizens, or any other truly innocent bystander
4. Personal property owned by anyone other than the participants

Standard Bonus Shots
1) Hitting someone in your group who has crossed in the path between you and the stated goal. You get to pick up your disk the better of wherever the person was standing or where the disc lands.
2) Incorporating beautiful people into the game at some level. The task of finding a beautiful person who will help you out with your game makes them part of your game. Beauty is defined by the participants of the game.

Standard Exceptions
Exceptions reverse the call on the shot, and can become either a bonus or a hazard. In all of Frolf, hazards can become a bonuses, and bonuses can become a hazards.
1) BMW's are not a hazard.
2)Accidentally hitting mean people is a bonus.
3)Including someone into your game who is not of the Frolf spirit is a hazard.

:confused::confused::confused:

How can a game without rules be a game at all? From Webster's:

1game noun \ˈgām\
: a physical or mental activity or contest that has rules and that people do for pleasure

Latest posts