• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Nuke: Differences in my Z nukes

MikePinchico

Double Eagle Member
I have two Discraft Z nukes that are from different distributors and they are the same weight ranges (167-169g). On the bottom on the inside lip one of them has a curved edge and my other one does not. The one with a curved inside lip seems to be more under-stable and the other is similar to the other three that I have. Is there a reason for this, or is one not stamped properly? They are both special stamped, what is going on?:confused:

I have figured out that that the PURPLE Z Nukes are the most overstable of all the Z's.
They also go farther.
Strangely, there are no purple ones on Ebay right now.
images

But srsly, this doesn't sound out of the ordinary. I picked up a First Run ESP, and it broke in too much within two weeks. I picked up a tourney stamped ESP shortly after(the run with small stamps at top and bottom w/ tourney stamp in center) and found that it beat so much less quickly. Then after examining the two very closely it seemed the First Run plastic was considerably different than the tourney stamped Nuke.

I have a Z and ESP tourney and non tourney stamped at home. I'll have to take a peek when I leave work. On a side note, are the purple Nukes like the fabled pink Z Forces?

But srsly, this doesn't sound out of the ordinary. I picked up a First Run ESP, and it broke in too much within two weeks. I picked up a tourney stamped ESP shortly after(the run with small stamps at top and bottom w/ tourney stamp in center) and found that it beat so much less quickly. Then after examining the two very closely it seemed the First Run plastic was considerably different than the tourney stamped Nuke.

I have figured out that that the PURPLE Z Nukes are the most overstable of all the Z's.
They also go farther.
images

I agree. I own 3 Nukes (2 Z, 1 ESP) and my Z purple is definately the most HSS and LSS.

I am including glow as a Z plastic color. I recently got a new glow Z in the same weight as the purple.
Glow flips more, purple flies farther and more consistently, at least for me.

They also go farther.
images

..I have a purple one, and I'd sell it for the right price!

My pink Z Force is definitely way more overstable than the other Z Forces I have.

Latest posts