• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OC > SF and back again, Feb 19 - 26

bazillion

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Looks like wifey and I will be traveling up the coast on a multi-pronged assault on a number of problems, one of which is getting more DG into my life :D

So far it looks like I'll be @ Waller Pines (Santa Maria) on Monday morning, 9-ish. It's a holiday for a lot of folks so I'm hoping to have company.

After that, I'd like to play Golden Gate Park (SF), De La Veaga (Santa Cruz), and Ryan Ranch (Monterey) over the next few days - probably concentrated in the Thursday - Saturday timespan. Truthfully, I'd be happy to play any two of those three, or possibly throw either Black Mouse or Pinto Lake into the mix. Can anyone advise as to conditions at these places?

Hope to meet up with some Nor Cal DGers & scare the hell out of some trees!

Played GGP today and as always, it's in great shape. If you haven't played it before, I'd be happy to play tour guide. Just let me know if your up for it? Played Pinto about a month ago (front 9). The biggest bummer with Pinto, De La and Black Mouse. Is the poison oak! Man o man! Oh, if your playing on the weekend. Early is best, because all the courses you want to play can get very busy. Also, mind your manners at De La. They've had undercover police out there as of late.

If you have time, down town Santa Cruz is a nice place to grab some food and just walk around. Pizza My Heart is some of the best pizza around. Then if you take hwy 1 north. Main St in Half Moon Bay is another nice place to stretch your legs. Near the end of Main St. on your right is a great place for some coffe and dessert. For seafood Joe's Crab Shack is a must! That's a few miles north of downtown near the harbor.
Have a great trip!

Sttin here @ Coco's at 8:11 a-m - I'll be @ Waller in about 49 minutes ...

De La was incredible. Lots of people out practicing for Saturday's Ice Bowl (two rounds of 28 holes!), played a round with a local named Keith (thanks!) and generally had lots of fun getting my @ss kicked by a truly world-class course!

Don't know what's next - maybe Golden Gate, maybe Ryan Ranch, we shall see.

De La was incredible. Lots of people out practicing for Saturday's Ice Bowl (two rounds of 28 holes!), played a round with a local named Keith (thanks!) and generally had lots of fun getting my @ss kicked by a truly world-class course!

Don't know what's next - maybe Golden Gate, maybe Ryan Ranch, we shall see.

Both if you have the time! :thmbup:

However, if you are going to GGP, the drive to Stafford Lake is absolutely worth the trip. If I remember correctly, it was only 30-45 minutes.

I would skip Ryan Ranch for Stafford Lake any day.

Latest posts