• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here for the colors of the potential run of S-CD2.

Thanks for the input! We have taken all colors into account and will do our best to get you what you need. It is definitely on our radar and we want to make all of the best colors we can. At the moment, we have no S-Line CD2's in production but will go down that path after we complete a couple other projects first.

gline fd2's sound really tasty.

There are some G-FD2's out there and they have only been made once. There is a possibility of them being made as a production run in the future but no decision has been made on that and will likely be quite some time before that actually happens. Good choice though and it is a great disc!

From what I understand, he was trying out the 10th runs, but wasn't sure if they would beat out the 3rd runs for a spot in his bag

Eagle was trying out the 10th runs and he loves them a lot! You are correct, though, and we are not quite sure which one he has decided to go with. The 10th run is definitely a good choice for most players that need the 3rd run flight but don't want to shell out a bunch of money. We would imagine that the 3rd run PD is still firmly in Eagle's bag and will not be leaving any time soon!

My 2017 Discmania Wishlist
1. MD4
2. Full PDx production
3. FDx something like 8,6,0,1.5
4. S-CD2s that are solid colors
5. Shimmer discs: MD3, FD, PD, P2 for example
6. P2x

I know most of this has been previously discussed but I want my opinions heard.

Last edited:
This looks awfully lot like a 8 speed disc IMO. 2nd run FD reborn? Speculate away.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP-1gCPhhVg

Looks to me much faster than a speed 8. Using measurement tools, I'm looking at a rim/diameter ratio of 10.8% and maybe off a bit due to the slight angle of the picture, so I'm going to guess the diameter is a bit longer than i measured

A speed 11 is about a 9.9% rim/diameter
A speed 12 is about a 10.4% rim/diameter
A speed 13 is about a 11.3% rim/diameter

I'm guessing it's a speed 11 or 12, now what is missing in that range? Maybe between the TD and DD for stability, in the DD speed?

Attachments

• newDMdisc-ratio.jpg
    newDMdisc-ratio.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 27
IMO there is a good chance this is the UD which will be like an innova max. Brutally overstable speed 11.

I love Jussi's quote about the MD4 (reiterated by Eagle on last night's CCDG podcast) "The MD4 will come out when it's summer in Finland."

Interesting they chose to focus on another driver vs. adding an OS Mid for the beginning of the season. Either the team/public has been begging for a UD more than I realized or it's a happy hybrid from another project.

On a semi related note - how in the world did Hyzer Bomb ever get the mortar over DM? Beadless gator fits right in with the MD2, MD and MD3.

It's for Eagle so he can dump the max for this season and take down some big wins.

I can't say I fully understand pushing another driver but I'm definitely not sad about it. Would really love an MD4 though

Looks to me much faster than a speed 8. Using measurement tools, I'm looking at a rim/diameter ratio of 10.8% and maybe off a bit due to the slight angle of the picture, so I'm going to guess the diameter is a bit longer than i measured

A speed 11 is about a 9.9% rim/diameter
A speed 12 is about a 10.4% rim/diameter
A speed 13 is about a 11.3% rim/diameter

I'm guessing it's a speed 11 or 12, now what is missing in that range? Maybe between the TD and DD for stability, in the DD speed?

Your science magic has me convinced. Although I would like that MD4 ASAP, I dont mind if this driver is a stupid OS slower-than-PD2 UD. Might even kick the FAF FB from my bag. (and dont start with the "PD2/FD3 is OS enough", theyre not for what I am using it for, i.e. crazy flex shot/anhyzer lines, and I want it to be slower than 12 speed. If it was only for wind fighting, then sure.)

So never? lol

Brutal man, just brutal. FWIW its not winter either, just cold dark and dank all the time. Like a wet autumn all the time, but with the lights off.

Brutal man, just brutal. FWIW its not winter either, just cold dark and dank all the time. Like a wet autumn all the time, but with the lights off.

If it's any consolation Minnesota (where I am from) shares similar weather/seasonal patterns and geogrpahy with Finland.

I feel like DX drivers pass their usefulness beyond speed 7... if these come out in stiff DX I can't imagine them being overly fun to throw. If they come out in a softer blend, maybe they could be a longer DX teebird? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.