• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
are s line p2 putters actually more overstable than let's say a star aviar or champ aviar?

are s line p2 putters actually more overstable than let's say a star aviar or champ aviar?

I have never thrown a star or champ aviar, but I got the S-P2 to replace my overstable Wizard and I was pleasantly surprised at its overstability, I would almost go as far to say it's more overstable than my Wizards were. I only have to get use to how deep the rim is, because the rim on the S-Line ones are deeper than the P-Line

Are these glow P3's really domey?

The glow P3's do have a dome, but they aren't much different than the standard C-LINE P3.

Can anyone tell me how the MD3 flies in comparison to the Roc3? Rarintal must have missed my post asking about it, are they more stable, less stable, about the same?

Sorry about missing that! The MD3 is somewhat comparable to the Roc3, the differences would be MD3 goes a bit further. If you want a really overstable MD3, you should go with a Glow C-LINE MD3. Simon has just recently switched his MD3 to the Glow ones and I'm pretty sure he is still enjoying it :)

Just saw this on the PDGA site

http://www.pdga.com/announcements/classic-thunderbird-drives-fairway

Any chance that the new release from Discmania will be something like it?

You will see when we release it!

Has anyone found a specific run or weight range of C-pd2s that are really flat?

The only flat C-LINE PD2s are the First Run ones.

Yes, the P2 is more overstable than those two discs.

I have never thrown a star or champ aviar, but I got the S-P2 to replace my overstable Wizard and I was pleasantly surprised at its overstability, I would almost go as far to say it's more overstable than my Wizards were. I only have to get use to how deep the rim is, because the rim on the S-Line ones are deeper than the P-Line

I agree with this except, I have not noticed the rim height differences.

I have a S-Line FD as my go to fairway driver, and I just picked up a C-Line FD factory second. I'm hoping they fly just different enough to where I can use both for different shot's. Are the C-Line FD's more stable than S-Line? and if so how much? I won't be able to test for a few hours. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2014-08-13 14.31.41.jpg
    2014-08-13 14.31.41.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 41
I have a S-Line FD as my go to fairway driver, and I just picked up a C-Line FD factory second. I'm hoping they fly just different enough to where I can use both for different shot's. Are the C-Line FD's more stable than S-Line? and if so how much? I won't be able to test for a few hours. Thanks.

That pearly pink C-FD in your picture looks like a second run. If so, they are significantly more stable than the S-lines. They have pretty decent high speed stability when new. And they are so durable that I haven't been able to beat mine in enough to tell if they lose high speed stability, low speed, or a little of each. Very straight, great glide, and if you are throwing 300 or so they have a pretty solid fade. Results may vary for higher power throwers, but comparing it to your S-line, it will be noticeably more stable/overstable, and probably slighty less glide. The two compliment each other nicely.

That pearly pink C-FD in your picture looks like a second run. If so, they are significantly more stable than the S-lines. They have pretty decent high speed stability when new. And they are so durable that I haven't been able to beat mine in enough to tell if they lose high speed stability, low speed, or a little of each. Very straight, great glide, and if you are throwing 300 or so they have a pretty solid fade. Results may vary for higher power throwers, but comparing it to your S-line, it will be noticeably more stable/overstable, and probably slighty less glide. The two compliment each other nicely.

You are correct in saying they are different and will likely compliment each other. The C-Line is more stable/overstable high speed and low speed. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

You are correct in saying they are different and will likely compliment each other. The C-Line is more stable/overstable high speed and low speed. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

Absolutely they complement each other... I carry 5 FD's

165g S-FD beat in nicely... Power turn over disc with no fade at the end.
175g S-FD beat in nicely... Power turn over disc with fade at the end.
175g C-FD fresh... Simon signature disc. Dead straight and holds any angle
175g C-FD 2nd run.. worked in not beat straight to stable nice hook-up ending
172g C-FD 2nd run fresh! Thrown flat with power and still turns left. Meat hook!

Hope this helps!

The stability for all max weight PDs would go as follows: 1st run C-LINE PD, 5th run slightly domey Jolly Launcher C-LINE PD, 3rd Run hard and pearly C-LINE PD (the plastic is very similar to the 2nd run FDs), S-LINE PD and 4th run C-LINE (non plus mold opaque plastic) are very close, then G-LINE PD, and P-LINE PD. With the P-LINE I placed it last because it wears in faster and only keeps it's overstability for a short time, The G-LINE is much more durable and it has been keeping its stability longer.

Hope this helps!

Where does the glow C PD at the store fit in?

Any chance for an echo star DD2 restock? More specifically more color options in lower weights.

Will any of those mini shield stamped discs taken to worlds be added to the store?

Thanks!

That is 100% for sure a 2nd run. It's far to flat looking to be any other run.

Dead on!

Absolutely they complement each other... I carry 5 FD's

165g S-FD beat in nicely... Power turn over disc with no fade at the end.
175g S-FD beat in nicely... Power turn over disc with fade at the end.
175g C-FD fresh... Simon signature disc. Dead straight and holds any angle
175g C-FD 2nd run.. worked in not beat straight to stable nice hook-up ending
172g C-FD 2nd run fresh! Thrown flat with power and still turns left. Meat hook!

Hope this helps!

Nice set up!

Where does the glow C PD at the store fit in?

Sorry I forgot that. 1st run Glow C-LINE PDs (European Open 2013 stamp) are right between the 1st runs and 5th runs. They have a higher dome but firm plastic which makes them pretty overstable and some people have even replaced their beaten in firebird slot with them.

Any chance we see some Lizotte stamped 2nd runs on the site?

There's a chance.

Sorry, 2nd run FD's specifically.

There will be 2nd runs. Maybe soon :)

Is there a possibility for a stiff P-Line P1 in the future?

There's always a possibility.

Any chance we'll be seeing an MD2 in g-line?

There will be more G-LINE discs coming in the future. I can not comment on which discs they will be.

KC P1 would be great!

We will keep that in mind for future productions.

Any chance for an echo star DD2 restock? More specifically more color options in lower weights.

Will any of those mini shield stamped discs taken to worlds be added to the store?

Thanks!

The Echo S-LINE DD2 will be restocked eventually. There were not many lower weights created. There is only 1 run of Echo S-LINE DD2s. When people figure out how far these fly, they could be gone forever.

The mini stamped Worlds discs are going on tour with the Deep In The Game crew in the Maniac motorhome. We might make some more later if there's enough interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.