• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Shooter14

Eagle Member
I have no idea why such a loved disc doesn't have its own thread yet!

Here it is. Personally I really enjoy the concave Zones. Whether ESP, Crystal, Crystal FLX, whatever. The concaves fly the best! They're getting harder to come by though

Share the Zone love!!

Hmm. I found 59 different threads when I searched for Zone in the Disc forum.

Regardless, I've got a few ESP and one Z blend, and I've loved every one of them. :)

You guys remember when the Zone wasn't so popular and every one you ordered was concave and built like a brick shtuff house? Stinkin' bandwagon being so full!

Sad Kitty has a sweet glo Z. Oh wait, no sad kitty doesn't.
Thanks a lot imaginary friends. :(

There's got to be room for sad kitty on your bandwagon?

Last edited:
Sad Kitty has a sweet glo Z. Oh wait, no sad kitty doesn't.
Thanks a lot imaginary friends. :(

There's got to be room for sad kitty on your bandwagon?

I'll give you one, in person, at 4am at CVG's baggage claim on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend! ;)

The Zone seems to be a popular mold here on the boards but around my area I don't see people throwing them that often. I recently changed the ESP Zone in my bag to a new one because my old one started to get a little too straight. After about a year and a half of use it still looks to be in really good condition with some scratches here and there but nothing big. I love how the plastic feels, it's really firm but the grip is still pretty good. I'm wondering whether my first Zone had less in the first place or if it's just beat up enough, it doesn't turn at all but the fade has become pretty mild.
The back up I have bagged now has much more beef to it which I like.
Last time in my local shop I saw a flat and a slightly domey ESP Zone that were considerably softer than pretty much all of the Zones I've ever seen. I hope they're not changing to domey..

It's a pretty sweet mold, I use it for all kinds of hyzers, anny flex shots and skip shots. Both BH and FH. It's great in the wind and it's very comfortable for grenade(?) shots as well.

I have about 20 Cryztal FLX Zones in a innova tourney bag.

I take them out to the field to work on my FH approach game.

I cant play a round without one in my bag. Between that and an Opto Pure, I could have a great score on any course under 5000ft.

I simply love the mold! I've never bonded with the ESP bc of the mega skips it gets. Some people like to use it for that, but I use a FB for skip shots.

Zone>Gator for me!

This mold is so incredibly versatile. Who likes to throw FH rollers with them?
They will roll straight as a string for miles!

The new zone I have has some dome, if you want board flat try a harp, I'm testing a zone now to see how it feels in place of a harp, feels slightly slower with a little less beef... Cryztal flx plastic is awesome though, little more give then the fluid, elasto, frost mix but not g star, we will see if it can take a beating like the vip can and stay OS

The new zone I have has some dome, if you want board flat try a harp, I'm testing a zone now to see how it feels in place of a harp, feels slightly slower with a little less beef... Cryztal flx plastic is awesome though, little more give then the fluid, elasto, frost mix but not g star, we will see if it can take a beating like the vip can and stay OS

Ummm what?

I picked up a VIP Harp the other day to test as a Zone replacment, and while its a great feeling disc, I did not find it to be beefier than the Zone.

I agree with the Harp being faster, but I just didnt need a disc in that slot. I actually found the Drone a bit beefier than the Harp, but I'd put it more in that class. I would call the Harp a longer Gator. Its much more of a mid range flying disc than the Zone. The Zone is a putter that is very fast for a putter, so its borderline mid.

Not knocking the Harp at all, I had high hopes for it, but it just didnt beat out my Zone.

Around the time of the ESP Glo run, there was a new top and inside rim tooling added. Not seeing a lot of flatties from the changes. Part of me thinks Discraft didn't want concave tops and made a top to prevent it. Too bad they're stopping producing my favorite Zones.

Ummm what?

I picked up a VIP Harp the other day to test as a Zone replacment, and while its a great feeling disc, I did not find it to be beefier than the Zone.

I agree with the Harp being faster, but I just didnt need a disc in that slot. I actually found the Drone a bit beefier than the Harp, but I'd put it more in that class. I would call the Harp a longer Gator. Its much more of a mid range flying disc than the Zone. The Zone is a putter that is very fast for a putter, so its borderline mid.

Not knocking the Harp at all, I had high hopes for it, but it just didnt beat out my Zone.

Same here. Wanted a rubbery soft Zone, so I got a BT Soft Harp. It is a great disc, I really like it. But it is nowhere near as OS as any premium Zone. Maybe close to a D Zone that has been scuffed up a bit. Or more than a bit.

Around the time of the ESP Glo run, there was a new top and inside rim tooling added. Not seeing a lot of flatties from the changes. Part of me thinks Discraft didn't want concave tops and made a top to prevent it. Too bad they're stopping the best Zones.

There ya go.