• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official peg warmer thread

PICS used to be my go to gotta have it now store. I get the stink eye nowadays because toddlers and plastic shopping don't mix.

I've seen Champion Grooves at every REI I've been to. Who knows, maybe they actually move them.

Dick's is overpriced by about two dollars on every disc. dx is $9.99 for crying out loud.

thanks for posting your revenue numbers kw. very interesting.

DX was $8 for the entire year over here. They also had a sale for 20% off at one point during the summer. Not too shabby actually.

Groove, Archon, and Starfire are my picks for most likely to go OOP in 2015.

Lol about that Dick's clearance!

Groove, Archon, and Starfire are my picks for most likely to go OOP in 2015.

Lol about that Dick's clearance!

Lol considering how terrible Groove sales are I don't know that its ever truly going "OOP". Innova has probably molded enough unsellable grooves to be in their retail lineup for the next decade without making another one.

Starfire for sure, which is unfortunate. That is really an excellent mold, but their is too much overlap and competition within the innova lineup for it to stand out in the crowd. Its a really awesome mold, but I have a feeling its destined for the scrap heap.

I wonder how many Grooves are truly in the Factory Store. The inventory seems to cap out at 99. There must be more than that ;)

I talked to the innova factory store folks a couple time this past week regarding some christmas orders and the recent oop molds (max/super stingray/coyote) and got some disheartening news...

I made a comment that I love the king cobra and was worried considering it had come out side by side with the SS that it may suffer the same fate, their comment was undecided but did mention it could be on the chopping block next year!

Send innova a quick email if you would like to see it remain in the stock innova line up!! A preemptive show of support could go a long way!

Starfire for sure, which is unfortunate. That is really an excellent mold, but their is too much overlap and competition within the innova lineup for it to stand out in the crowd. Its a really awesome mold, but I have a feeling its destined for the scrap heap.
Nooooooo! :(

I only just started throwing the Starfire. Now I am going to have to stock up before they disappear! It really is an excellent OS driver.

If anything they should discontinue the Wahoo because let's be serious... who wants to throw a "Wahoo"?

I kind of get where they were going with Wahoo, wahoo is a fish, their Wahoo is a water disc. But there are about 300 better fish names out there.

Ex: I'd throw a Tarpon or Sturgeon way before a Wahoo.

The one I throw that I'm worried about is the Ape, but even if they stop making them I see enough at PIAS that new players bought found out they couldn't throw and the. Traded in that I should be fine for a couple of years.

So Groove may become the longest out of production disc to not be named as such?
That rim is seductive enough to sell a few, for sure! <for the disc golfer that has everything>

The one I throw that I'm worried about is the Ape, but even if they stop making them I see enough at PIAS that new players bought found out they couldn't throw and the. Traded in that I should be fine for a couple of years.

I think that is a mold that the chuckers will keep in production. They love super fast, super OS discs.

If anything they should discontinue the Wahoo because let's be serious... who wants to throw a "Wahoo"?

Hey, now. Watch it.

The Wahoo is an excellent disc... for about 10-12 throws. :doh: I really enjoyed throwing them, but they just wore in, and out, way too fast.

Fortunately the Tern came along to solve that problem! :clap:

I think that is a mold that the chuckers will keep in production. They love super fast, super OS discs.

You may be right, I don't get it though. I see tons of guys with no arms throwing Bosses, Nukes Etc, when they would throw farther with a Leopard or maybe even a Stingray.

You may be right, I don't get it though. I see tons of guys with no arms throwing Bosses, Nukes Etc, when they would throw farther with a Leopard or maybe even a Stingray.

I was a chucker once. I was so stoked with the wraith came out cuz I couldn't get my orcs over '200 consistently.

I am feeling a bit different about the Starfire after seeing how many folks on this site are bagging them. I know it is a limited sample size, but maybe that mold has a shot to survive?
I am looking forward to dropping by my local Academy this week to see what got returned after Xmas (and what got snatched up)......:popcorn:
The weirdest thing is finding an obviously thrown, multiple times, disc that some unfortunate individual decided to return (and some overly generous employee agreed to take back). I have seen 2 absolute beaters on the shelf there this year, one Challenger, and one Shark, but man, those barcode stickers really held up! :thmbdown:

^^^ jealous, Walmart stores in the south do not carry discs at all!

We talked to our WalMart about it, since we had some dgers working in sporting goods. They ended up stocking a kiddie set, with junk discs and a junk plastic basket. When it didn't sell they were like "Well, there's clearly no interest in disc golf merch. "

Prodigy needs names for their discs, I think the letter - number thing isn't working well. It's hard for people to get excited about something named f1. They'll have to do a Discmania and go with a hybrid letter-number/name thing (TD Rush and so on). Discs need names to sell.

Some in the South do, but it's about 1 in 10. The one by my house does and when I was still cycling DX Rocs and Teebirds it was a good source for them. Most of the molds are not great though.

Usual uou can find;
Pro Destroyer
Starfire
Wraith
DX Beast
Polecat
Aviar
Shark
Skeeter
XD
Archangel
Banshee

R-pro Roc+
And the odd star disc like a Mako or Lycan but I think those are mostly accidents.

Now knowing how many great guys are out there trying to sell discs I don't buy there anymore, immoral that I throw any molds they usually have anyhow.

Always check the rack though, I but they have had the same Skeeters for a year.

I am feeling a bit different about the Starfire after seeing how many folks on this site are bagging them. I know it is a limited sample size, but maybe that mold has a shot to survive?

I like Star Starfires, for me they are solid and reliable at fighting headwinds. Actually I only carry it on windy days.

The Pro Starfire is an entirely different story...not overstable at all. Its a different mold. I heard it is the same mold as the Star SL which is needlessly confusing. I'm no marketing expert but that seems like stupid marketing.

Latest posts