• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Plastic to Rule Them All.

Fossil. It's the KC of yesteryear.
I love cycling discs and fossil does it as well as any plastic I've used.

I just need to produce our mids and I'll be set on nearly every 300 ft. And in shot.

Am I really the first to pick Champion plastic? I would be happy to have most all of my drivers and mids in champ blends. Putters would be an adjustment though.

Gateway's S-Line and Organic blends might be honorable mentions here...

The older gritty/grippy Elite X is the bomb. Circa 2005-2006. It would hold up well while betting amazingly grippy.

Old Star.

I could get used to Star Big Bead putters I guess.

Star, because it has so many varieties... you can get stiff star, just as gummy as G-Star star, regular half still star, star-lite (blizzard star).

Always been a fan of star plastic. Stays in its sweet spot for ages it seems, and grip is always there.

so torn. if only DX existed i'd be totally fine since i like buying new discs a lot, and I buy backups for premium too. also love them for putting.

however - STAR is what i would go with. i fan grip everything including distance drives and have great control and feel on the fingertips. a stiff star putter would be just fine.

These guys are super smart. That older Star that get grippy as all get out, stays in a sweet spot forever, not too soft, not too stiff. Man, that's the good stuff.

I don't throw premium plastic putters or mids very well, I've always preferred DX or KC-style plastic for these spots. On the other side, I pretty much only throw Champ/Star plastics for all drivers (except one Excel Patriot that I love).

I guess if I really had to choose, I would rather be comfortable with the feel of my putters/mids and deal with crappy driver durability.

Gateway S for everything!

Torn between kc pro, fossil and classic blend.

Id have to switch the bag up a bit but wouldnt be a problem

Prolly switch to banshees from teebird or a mix.

Switch to xcals from destroyers or a mix.

Cycle thunderbirds.

Cycle rocs with maybe a gator or two.

Fossil novas sound just amazing.

Overall I'd have to go for gummy champ (or crystal FLX Z). I love throwing softer discs; given the choice between entirely stiff or entirely gummy I'd have to go for gummy. I think I could get used to throwing gummier versions of my current stiffer plastic much easier than trying to adjust my game for not having some softer discs in the bag.

That's a tough one. Love Star & Champion. I throw a lot of FLX and some ESP. My putters until recently were all SSS. And with the introduction of some MVP, I'm liking them too.

But if I had to choose just one plastic it would be Discraft's Z.

I would go with Vibram X-Link Medium. Great grip in all weather conditions, very durable, and wears in very slow.

I'm also a fan of DD Fuzion plastic.

Latest posts