• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Online retailer weights that aren't listed on websites.

Mike Shadwick

Hello,

I am new to disc golf and I am looking to buy some discs and I noticed that there are online stores that say they sell discs with weights I don't see on the manufacturer website. For example Innova Mako3 on the Innova website doesn't show any of its weight below line 165 but one of the large retailers online show you can get a champion plastic in a 145 or 150. How does that work, doea the retailer take weight off the disc?

Innovas webpage is probably just outdated. I just looked at one of the largest online retailers available to me and they have Champion Mako3s available in weights as low as 132g.

Hello,

I am new to disc golf and I am looking to buy some discs and I noticed that there are online stores that say they sell discs with weights I don't see on the manufacturer website. For example Innova Mako3 on the Innova website doesn't show any of its weight below line 165 but one of the large retailers online show you can get a champion plastic in a 145 or 150. How does that work, doea the retailer take weight off the disc?
Disc manufacturers make all discs in a variety of weights. Lighter weight discs...below 165 gm, are harder to find and less popular. Manufacturers do not often make lightweight discs in all of their available molds. I am not sure why the Innova site does not show lightweight discs. If that is what you are looking for, there are a ton of other quality disc selling sites that have different stock.

Hello,

No. That would take something called effort.
Innova made them, and sometimes their brand website gets updates. And what's on their brand website is just a portion of what they really and actually do make, and it doesn't factor in the amount of older stock still out in wild world of retail.
Although if you do find a lighter Mako3. They are really fun to play around with.

Latest posts