• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Option to trespass

Johny

Trespass is too understable to me. It is hard to throw nice s-curve; often it goes just anhyzer and hold it all way to ground.
It also dont work very well in windy conditions.
So i need something more faster or OS from trilogy? Maybe sheriff?
May max. distance is about 350ft.
Thank you!

No it doesn't look like it, the Sherif is less stable, I haven't thrown one but the fight numbers show much less stability. Try a enforcer, those are beefy and fight wind well. I had a fuzion dyemax one time and it was beefy.

Side note, you may want to consider your form or disc for that matter. The trespass shouldn't be that understable at 350' of power per se.

I was throwing my max weight opto trespass today into a headwind and it held straight to fade.

I have had a pair of Fusion Tresspasses and they would get a pretty nice S curve out to 400+, so what I would like to know is what weight and plastic you have and the condition of the disc.

I have never heard of a Tresspass other than an Air flipping at 350.

Maybe just get a new Max weight VIP. Or if it's a torque thing, just keep working on form.

My trespass would turn fairly easily until I cleaned up my form. Now I get a tiny bit of turn, a long straight flight after that, and a reliable fade. My longest throws with it are around 450. If you want something a tick more overstable, a biofuzion defender or scythe would be good once they are good and broken in. They will start off quite a bit more overstable.

Every response so far has been spot on. I have also had the same experiences with the Trespass.

First try throwing the Trespass on a hyzer a bit. Maybe ask an experienced player you know that could watch you throw and give you some critique. They may not be able to fix any problems you have, but they might be able to point them out so that you know what to work on. It is very hard for anyone on this forum to give any real advice to you on form since we cannot see what you are doing right or wrong. But more often than not, it is the Indian not the arrow.

You should post a form video. Because if a trespass is "too flippy" either your trespass is beat to hell or your form is bad. Likely the latter.

Agreed with all posts. At 350' most Trespasses I've seen should handle a bit of breeze...they'll drift but shouldn't cut roll or anything. It's likely form unless it's quite beat. But next step up in stability in the DD line is probably a BioFuzion Defender...but they do start off quite stable and shorter unless you have some power. I have not tried the Sheriff or Ballista. You can also find another Trespass with a higher wing/PLH, since they do vary a bit.

I used to turn over trespasses also, but when I cleaned up my form I learned to control them better. If you have 350-400 feet of power I think they are perfect as long as its not windy. I throw them hard on hyzer and the flip up, turn a bit, then fade. Cleaning up my form made me appreciate the disc a lot more. If it IS windy and I want to throw the same shot, I disc up to a beaten in giant.

Fuzion 173g and lucid 174g are my trespasses. So my form is bad, i know that.. Im working it but before that i need some other disc to competions..

Fuzion 173g and lucid 174g are my trespasses. So my form is bad, i know that.. Im working it but before that i need some other disc to competions..

I push 380-400 and used Trespasses for many years. I found some early-run BioFuzions that were near perfect, but recent reviews are saying that they are some of the least stable ones. I never liked the Moonshine because they felt sluggish (lack of glide?), and despite cleaning them off, I always felt that Fuzion were too slick to get a solid grip. The Lucids I have never had the same potential as my BioFuzions, but they were reliable - but, they were also reliably able to flip over if I allowed any bad form to sneak in.

I have since tried Star Wraiths, Opto Halos, and DDXs.

Wraiths can handle more power than Trespasses can, but they also have more lateral movement if not thrown perfectly. They will come back more than the Trespass if not thrown correctly, but this also reduces their distance potential by a few feet.

Opto Halos were nearly the stability I wish the Trespasses were, but the reason I preferred Trespasses was because of their thinner rims. Maybe age, or maybe something else, but I do not feel confident with the widest rims (2.5cm).

I did give Ballistas and Catapults a try - Ballistas absolutely bombed, but if you are turning over the Trespass, you are going to burn most Ballistas. The only Ballistas that I found any consistent success with were the opaque yellow or whites. I could never keep the clearer Optos from flipping over. As for the Catapults, I cannot describe what went wrong, but I never had a clean throw with it. There was always something that caused it to rocket into the sky or burn into the ground.

On a whim I tried a S-DDx. They bombed as well. What is strange about them, despite my aversion to wide rimmed discs, these do not feel uncomfortable despite being 2.3cm (whereas I prefer 2.1cm). However, the S-DDx, especially after a little seasoning, can have considerable turn (not necessarily flip) to them. You better clean up your form if you want to use them. However to that however, the second I could get my hands on the C-DDx, that solved a lot of issues. My S-DDx still has the most distance potential of the two, but unless it is a tailwind or absolutely calm conditions with a lot of sky to play with, the C-DDx ended up being what I wanted the Trespass to be.

Hate to sell you on a non-Trilogy disc, but I am not sponsored, so I have no qualms about throwing a mixed bag.

I push 380-400 and used Trespasses for many years. I found some early-run BioFuzions that were near perfect, but recent reviews are saying that they are some of the least stable ones. I never liked the Moonshine because they felt sluggish (lack of glide?), and despite cleaning them off, I always felt that Fuzion were too slick to get a solid grip. The Lucids I have never had the same potential as my BioFuzions, but they were reliable - but, they were also reliably able to flip over if I allowed any bad form to sneak in.

I have since tried Star Wraiths, Opto Halos, and DDXs.

Wraiths can handle more power than Trespasses can, but they also have more lateral movement if not thrown perfectly. They will come back more than the Trespass if not thrown correctly, but this also reduces their distance potential by a few feet.

Opto Halos were nearly the stability I wish the Trespasses were, but the reason I preferred Trespasses was because of their thinner rims. Maybe age, or maybe something else, but I do not feel confident with the widest rims (2.5cm).

I did give Ballistas and Catapults a try - Ballistas absolutely bombed, but if you are turning over the Trespass, you are going to burn most Ballistas. The only Ballistas that I found any consistent success with were the opaque yellow or whites. I could never keep the clearer Optos from flipping over. As for the Catapults, I cannot describe what went wrong, but I never had a clean throw with it. There was always something that caused it to rocket into the sky or burn into the ground.

On a whim I tried a S-DDx. They bombed as well. What is strange about them, despite my aversion to wide rimmed discs, these do not feel uncomfortable despite being 2.3cm (whereas I prefer 2.1cm). However, the S-DDx, especially after a little seasoning, can have considerable turn (not necessarily flip) to them. You better clean up your form if you want to use them. However to that however, the second I could get my hands on the C-DDx, that solved a lot of issues. My S-DDx still has the most distance potential of the two, but unless it is a tailwind or absolutely calm conditions with a lot of sky to play with, the C-DDx ended up being what I wanted the Trespass to be.

Hate to sell you on a non-Trilogy disc, but I am not sponsored, so I have no qualms about throwing a mixed bag.

to further comment on smarkquart's points

I had almost the exact same experience. I had two biofuzions from the first run that had great turn but still faded, wonderful for max D. I had 2 first run lucids (beautiful opaque dayglow) that were controllable but by no means Os. and I had 5 hybrids which were my more OS run.

It was wonderful, but I found out I had a bag full of unicorns and dumped them all. I used the DDx for a while and I repeat his sentiment, the rim is shallow which makes it feel less wide rimmed. And, the C/S combo gives a nice balance of OS vs flexible and distance.

If you are a true bomber the DDx probably won't be stable enough but if you are below the 450 range (which most of us non-pros are), you shouldn't have problems assuming no real wind.

I personally don't mind wide rimmed drivers and ended up splitting that role into MS havocs (US), VIP kings (distance) and PD2s (OS distance) and it's been a dream.

I bag 4 I have a 174 moonshine decently beat that I throw in wind its much more of a brick than the other plastics, I have a 173 lucid that is basically new and I throw it in the wind I can throw it flat and low and it will travel out to around 400 on a frozen rope then fade out at the end, next I have a biofuzion 173 that is my go to disc I throw it with a little hyzer and it stands up fades slightly to the right and then glades for days before coming back. last is a brand new never thrown fusion in 172 If its like my old fuzion it will get out to 400+ and be a hyzer flip machine. I find them very reliable and long for me, I will be bagging something much more over stable because in high winds they to flip/ crash and burn sometimes.

pre-advice :

Dont throw a max distance driver into a headwind. If it bombs for you in no wind and tail wind, you're going to want something a little more stable in a headwind or left to right (RHBH.) For a headwind try a Defender or a Giant, or maybe a Biofusion Enforcer.

Be careful of wrist roll when you're trying to exert max power. Power is generated in body turn and weight transfer, so trying to muscle the disc and wrist rolling isnt adding much. practice smooth clean form.

actual advice :

I dont throw the Trespass or other things in a similar stability range because I dont feel like they have enough fight in them at low speed. I'm fine with high speed turn. I moderate my release angle for hyzer and height and all, but if it doesnt have a boomin' fade at the end then there's a chance it will stay panned over in a slight headwind or a particularly good rip, and there are more reliable discs that go just as far.

Maybe I should mention that I play in the PNW almost exclusively in heavily wooded courses where ceiling frequently affects your shot shape, so giving US plastic room to work isnt always an option. Throwing plastic with enough fade to come back when you're 10 feet off the ground becomes essential.

The Destiny is much less stable at high speed than almost any King I've ever thrown, but it has great come back and makes for a sick tail wind driver. The Catapult and mid 160s Destroyers work great for me for stable distance, but once the Catapults season they are basically Trespasses (lose fade first) and I swap them out for a fresh one. I throw the Colossus for open distance with no wind. Giants for headwind distance.

ftr I throw ~400.

So I think what you are doing is forcing discs to be thrown on anny lines with the hope that they will flex out.

What people are saying is that this is not the best way to improve your form or your distance. Starting to throw clean hyzers instead of the anny will help improve you greatly. Try the tresspasses on these lines.

Until you feel comfortable throwing the hyzer lines, a Defender will do what you are looking for more easily than an enforcer.

Latest posts