• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Opto Fuse - Vid!

Get a lighter one and it will be flippy enough for you. Right now I carry a 167 GL for flippy duties, and a 174 Opto for straighter lines. The 167 is definitely easier to turn.

It's a great disc and it beats the Comet on higher powered throws and is more forgiving of improper form. However I need the low speed performance of the Comet and my form is pretty clean. I'll probably trade my Fuses off.

What fuses ya got :D

I'm a RHBH thrower and recently left my Z-Comet behind on the course :duh: When I threw the Comet it would just anhyzer for me, which I liked and used it for just that. From reading your posts, will the Fuse do the same thing as the Comet just not as "turny" per say?

That is throwing it flat, it would sail straight for about 150' or so then start it's anhyzer. Not once could I get the Comet to Hyzer for me, only a couple times it went straight for me, but I'm chalking that up to me throwing it badly.

Last edited:
Hmm, they fade left in your vid. My comet never does that. They fly like buzzzes fly for me. I wouldnt trade it for my comet, i use the comet more understable.

I'm a RHBH thrower and recently left my Z-Comet behind on the course :duh: When I threw the Comet it would just anhyzer for me, which I liked and used it for just that. From reading your posts, will the Fuse do the same thing as the Comet just not as "turny" per say?

That is throwing it flat, it would sail straight for about 150' or so then start it's anhyzer. Not once could I get the Comet to Hyzer for me, only a couple times it went straight for me, but I'm chalking that up to me throwing it badly.

Both the fuse and Comet I never release flat as they will usually turn right. Always try and release with a little bit of Hyzer and less arm and more wrist. Thing with the fuse and the comet is that you can't put allot of torque in them, or else they will very easily flip but the more I put into it the more I release on a steeper Hyzer angle. Just try and release on a very steep hyzer angle. When throwing a Comet or Fuse for distance I try and throw almost through my thighs and then just with allot of snap, but not allot of arm speed. They will generally Flip up and Glide and land flat. If I want it to anny I will release it flat with allot of wrist and they will both usually finish to the right. The Fuse is more forgiving but it is more stable, but not that much in my opinion.

Hmm, they fade left in your vid. My comet never does that. They fly like buzzzes fly for me. I wouldnt trade it for my comet, i use the comet more understable.

I agree the comet is more understable, but the Fuse will annyhyzer, if I would have thrown harder it would have held the line a little better but on those shots, I wanted them to fade back as my second shot I had to get around some trees. If I would have gave it more arm speed they would have probably stayed on a more anyhyzer line but the comet is definatly less stable. My Comet is a 177 Z and the Fuse is a 176 GL.

Thanks Ripper that makes a lot of sense. Now should I get another Comet or try a Fuse. From what your saying, then I'm putting way to much arm speed into the throw, and should finesse it instead. I greatly appreciate your feedback.

I love the Fuse, used to throw a Buzzz, but switched to the Fuse because it doesn't fade like a Buzzz. It is the straightest mid I have ever thrown, and bombs on drives, takes so little effort!

Thanks Ripper that makes a lot of sense. Now should I get another Comet or try a Fuse. From what your saying, then I'm putting way to much arm speed into the throw, and should finesse it instead. I greatly appreciate your feedback.

They are both great. I suggest at least going and holding a fuse. The feel totally different yet fly the exact same. The comet defiantly has a very, very pronounced bead which the fuse doesn't and the goldline plastic I like allot more than the Z plastic on the comet, but if you need a disc for that straight as an arrow tunnel shot then they are both great discs. The last shot I did on hole 9 I haven't missed the deuce in weeks and play it at least 4 times a week. Never had the same success with the Comet, but not saying that it isn't user error though either. Both are great discs but the Fuse is a touch more stable and longer imho!