• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opto fuse vs esp comet vs esp meteor

booter

* Ace Member *
Ok so ive had my fuse in my bag for quite some time now since they came out.though lately I find myself not throwing it as much since ive beatin up a barstamp buzzz. Now the buzzz will have turn for me if thrown flat and hard or into a headwind. However,when I try to throw the fuse now,i throw it like ****.of course it could b just the fact that I need to throw it more to get comfortable with it again . Though ive been thinking about other two disscs too.

I had esp comets in the bag at one point but decided to drop them because I liked the fuse and I was throwing the fuse more often. My fuse is an opto at 176.its beatin in a good bit and much more understable. Ive been considering trying the comet again or trying a meteor since I like the feel of my buzzzs. I havnt thrown a meteor in forever so id like peoples opinions on the 3. Should I keep fuses,or venture off and try a meteor or just add a comet?

I basically need the disc for a stable/neutral to understable/turnover slot.

Thoughts?

For reference. I throw 400 consistently and 420-450 on good rips
buzzzs usually get thrown in by the 330' & under area

Just a question, no suggestion or advice.

Has a little OAT made it into your throw? I am currently fighting with some wrist roll that crept into my game. I know you took a little time off, might be why your turning the buzzz more know.

My only ycomment is on the Meteor as that is the one I have thrown the most out of the three and haven't really thrown a Fuse yet. My Meteor has been getting a lot less attention lately from me due to the unpredicatiblity of it. It is able to do lots of varieties of shots from hyzer, straight, hyzer flip and of course the anhyzer. It is just not that predictable and for my at least seems to be more sensitive to the amount of speed/spin I put on it. It is worth the effort to try, you might have better luck then I.

Booter, I carry a couple of esp meteors in my bag, if you want to throw one next time around. Of course knowing you, you have 300 of them lying around just in case you want to try them. Just picked up a comet last sunday so too soon to compair.

I think they all feel different and sounds like you have at least 2 of the 3 available to try so don't know what I can tell you that would be better than trying them out for yourself. I will say that between the 2 you have, you probably don't really need the 3rd on to try but sounds like you have an offer to test that one as well.

I love my Fuses and found them similar to Comets in flight but just a little less stable. The Comet I had I was outdistancing all my other mids at the time with a nice slow flight but the Fuse proved to be as effective with all that glide and I liked the feel better.

Well... just lost the last meteor I will lose. Just got too unpredictable in my hands. Recently finished placing my order for an opto fuse cuz I liked my buddy's after a few field throws

My vote goes for the meteor, imo:

The comet is too slow to pair off well with a buzzz (I like mids the same speed) and the opto fuse isn't understable enough to do anything different than a slightly flippy buzzz at your/my power level.

For reference. I throw 400 consistently and 420-450 on good rips
buzzzs usually get thrown in by the 330' & under area

So your REAL distance is around 350 max at 380? HAHA J/K

I would say keep beating in your buzz so you will have less molds in the bag. I have the same thing with my cro. I can hyzer it and it will stay on that line in no wind, in a head wind it flips up and fades a little. If I want to fade right I snap it flat and it fades over. Then I have my stable (new) cro for my big head winds.

LIke I said keep your buzzz use that and just keep on figuring out what he can and cant do.

To match your Buzzz's, go with the Buzzz SS. That way you have consistent speed, grip, release, and so on. I bought one because I lost my beat-in X Buzzz and it's a good off-the-shelf substitute. At your power, it will give you that nice gentle turnover without turning out of control.

So your REAL distance is around 350 max at 380? HAHA J/K

Lol....;)
I can speak for the Meteor. I love it! I use it from straight tight fairways to right turning ones to tailwind distance shots to uphill shots. Obviously, I use it a lot. The thing I like most about this disc is that it can be thrown at mid power level for accuracy/wooded shots and it'll still get there. I think it's an excellent combo with the Buzzz (ESP).

Just to clarify. I dont have a comet or meteor. I sold all my comets back last year. I just have fuses.

There is a possibility that oat might b there but its not that its not turning over,its that it wont turn over . Or I get nose up with it. I dont have tht problem with any of my buzzzs or drivers so it seemed odd on the nose up issue. Tje fact that its not turning as much as I want some times is weird too. The thing isnt flippy crap but it has more turn that it did when new. When I do get the turn its too much of it. Maybe I just ne eed a new one in the bag.

Comets might not be the answer then but a meteor intrigues me because of the feel.

When I had the comet in the bag,my fuse was new and I was just trying my comet out so I never used both when I had them. Ive just heard some people carry both . I would think that the meteor would definitely overlap my fuse.

These turn over shots,theyre not short ones,most are atleast 200+ so the distance is greater than I feel comfortable throwing my putters. If its short I sometimes throw my putters but most times I don't

The buzzz might eventually work for a turnover but I dnt want to beat it in so much that I lose it and become screwed. The buzzz turns a little but doesnt hold it to the ground. When I use it in a headwind for turn overs,i usually throw it a lil harder but I dnt always have wind to help that shot. which is why I have and want a turnover mid

Yea I had the buzzz ss when it came out and it competed with my new fuses but wasnt turning over as easy,i dunno I think I just didnt give it a chance. I might try a meteor soon and see if I like it . Looks like ill have to take it to the field with a new fuse. I brought up the meteor because I felt one this weeken fb for the first time in a loooong time and it felt very similar to my buzzzs

Wait, so is it a matter of the Fuse not turning enough?

Either way, I am carrying a couple of Fuses as my only mid and not having a problem with it. FWIW, the Opto I find can be put on very straight lines and glide forever. If I want more turn, I have a lighter GL which turns like a Stingray, or dare I say in this case, like a meteor. They do seem to like spin over power IMO.

Well.its kinda of a few things. I dont throw the fuse mich lately because of the courses and when I try to throw it ,it flies like **** .whether because its not turning like I want or turning to damn much. Maybe ill try a fresh opto. I think I just want an excuse to try a meteor lol. The meteor feels good in the hand but tue fuse has gotten me paid on aces before so I dunno lol

for stable/neutral I would guess the bs buzz takes that spot.

for us/turnover I would think the meteor or buzz ss would be good. comets aren't truly understable until they are beat to piss. i think the meteor is a little more high speed understable and a bit faster than the buzz ss. maybe try a slightly lighter buzzz ss it might turn a little easier.

Just a question, no suggestion or advice.

Has a little OAT made it into your throw? I am currently fighting with some wrist roll that crept into my game. I know you took a little time off, might be why your turning the buzzz more know.

I took some time off but not much.i was still tossing a lil. I could have some though . However the buzzz turning is because im making it trn for me and throwing it flat since its a seasoned buzzz already.. I throw my putters fine and havnt completely turned and burnd them so I dunno

New ESP Comet was straight out of the box. Crazy straight. 9/10 Opto Fuse turned a small amount and landed about the 1 o'clock position (throwing RHBH). 7.5/10 ESP Meteor turned more than the Fuse but landed in just about the same spot due to a stronger fade.

About 270 ft thrown flat.

G yea it was a biggun lol. I think I might just stick with the fuse,i have a stack and hate for em to go to waste lol. If anything else,ill probably try a meteor.

Im probably not gonna try a buzzzss again because when I first threw them,they werent flippy enough. Could of been I just got a stable one but ill pass on them for now. Especially since my go to buzzz is seasoned to where its probably similar to the bss

Rhinesel,thanks for that! I might just stick with my fuses,may try gold lines again. I dunno to be honest lol

Last edited:
Well.its kinda of a few things. I dont throw the fuse mich lately because of the courses and when I try to throw it ,it flies like **** .whether because its not turning like I want or turning to damn much. Maybe ill try a fresh opto. I think I just want an excuse to try a meteor lol. The meteor feels good in the hand but tue fuse has gotten me paid on aces before so I dunno lol

I can see that. The reason the Fuse is the only mid in my bag is not because of lack of love I had for my Hornets by any stretch. I just like as few discs as possible because I then do throw them better.