• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First time poster, long-time lurker- RHBH form critque

So... this was a session yesterday prior to your response. The throw in question is the last one and I want to see if anyone can discern anything different in my form that lead to it. Also, would like to see if disc-golf Neil has had any anomalous readings on his tech-disc or anyone who uses it regularly... still hard for me to believe it.

All the same comments from me there.

Just a little theoretical nudge for your "real world" throws in that case - what you are achieving throwing "down" with the TD (assuming perfect measurements) is actually part of what should becoming "swinging upward nose down" if you work on some of those drills (over time). If that confuses you don't worry - just work on the drills.

I did a some shadow swings, to see if this is what you meant. I am trying to keep my swing plane less "flat" or "horizontal". Just want to confirm that is is more of what you meant by swinging upward.

It's about the action, not just the swing plane per se.

I would show you doing Double Dragon side and rear of tee.

A lot to like in your move overall btw, this part will probably take some time to address since it will feel weird to you once you get it.

Head too far over toes, need to move your whole body further back inside posture/wall toward your heels.
Inside Swing Drill 2 (not yet released):
1. Start standing normal feet close together with both toes on wall.
2. Walk rear foot back away from wall like Reverse Elephant Walk/Walk Back Drill - front toes should easily lift off ground with pressure on heel.
3. Your front knee should be east of ankle and quad muscle should be relaxed and feel some stretch in hammy/glute.
4. Now take a backswing and forward swing to power pocket and swing thru but don't worry about releasing the elbow/lower arm/disc out(wall in way) and walk thru/followthru with rear shoulder forward over front foot inside wall. Your front foot should easily pivot on heel as you swing thru.
View attachment 343579

So... this was a session yesterday prior to your response. The throw in question is the last one and I want to see if anyone can discern anything different in my form that lead to it. Also, would like to see if disc-golf Neil has had any anomalous readings on his tech-disc or anyone who uses it regularly... still hard for me to believe it.

I've never had an anomalously high speed reading on my tech disc but have had some throws in the 60s show up as low 50s or high 40s until I reset the tech disc. One time it kept happening after a few resets so I stopped throwing and after charging it back to full it was fine and didn't happen again, it only got down to like 30-40% battery but I've heard others say you're more likely to get off readings if you let the battery go low.

I regularly have throws where it shows it's loading and then gets stuck loading and I have to restart it and sometimes it then pops up but most of the time that throw is lost. Sometimes a throw loads but then the loading animation stays on and I know that means the next throw isn't going to load so I have to disconnect, reconnect, then spin it up in the air a few times until it loads a throw then I know my next throw won't get stuck and lost. Might just be my phone and connection or the fact that I'm recording on the same phone that is also using the tech disc app in the background, seems like it happens less when I'm not recording and changing focus away from the tech disc app to the camera app (iphone).

It wouldn't surprise me if some devices would occasionally get anomalies in other directions though.

Latest posts