• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OS Compliment to the Buzzz?

Alucard_Jh

I use my buzzz's for nearly all midrange shots, but often find myself needing more fade. I also throw a harp & I'm looking for a disc with a similar flight pattern only longer. I've been considering the Buzzz OS but would like other suggestions on a good disc to fill this void in my bag. I'm open to any brand

Buzz os dumps off fast.

Z wasp is whats good. It fights a headwind, fades, and is still very long.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. How big is the bead on the wasp? I have a roc3 that I absolutely cannot throw straight because of the bead and I fear I will have the same issue if I were to get the wasp.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. How big is the bead on the wasp? I have a roc3 that I absolutely cannot throw straight because of the bead and I fear I will have the same issue if I were to get the wasp.

Its pretty close. They would feel almost identical in hand.

I may go for the drone (no bead) if I was you, if the dump on a buzz os sounds like a problem to you.

Maybe look into a lighter weight premium Buzzz OS. Around 170g, it should give you a little more distance to make up for the heavy fade. No bead.
In theory, should fit what you need and have a similar feel to the buzzz.

Verdict is an amazing buzzz with more fade. They seem to beat into straight fast though. They feel and fly more like a stable buzzz than a wasp, or even a buzzz OS

You could try the hornet here as well. Unfortunately it's going out of production but it's a disc that while definitely overstable has pretty decent glide on it as well.

Hornet is this slot. I have a stash, but yeah, they are leaving regular production.

Verdict is exactly what I would switch to. I would not be surprised if Verdict could fill and knock one buzzz out in the process. Two buzzzes and a verdict sounds workable.

Buzzz OS just not enough different from many premium Buzzes to fill this slot.

... such an agreeable thread.

Why has no one suggested the Drone? That disc is amazing in Ti. I have moved to the school of not bagging a very OS midrange, but when I did, the Drone was gold.

Quake is a better Drone. Smoother bottom and more comfortable in the hand, but just as OS.

That is strong words. The Drone and the Alias are the best two best feeling midranges that I have thrown(not necessarily flight though). I love the Comet...but it is touchy on how it is gripped.
The Roc3 is the most OS midrange in my bag right now. Perhaps I will dig the Drone back out and give it a round for memories sake today.

Why has no one suggested the Drone? That disc is amazing in Ti. I have moved to the school of not bagging a very OS midrange, but when I did, the Drone was gold.

I did suggest that haha.

Drone is good, I just prefer an absolute crutch like the motion.

+1 on the lighter weight Buzzz OS. I have a first run 180g Z Buzzz OS that has seasoned in nicely, but my lighter weight one has a similar flight. I can get some good fade on the Buzzz though with just a pinch of hyzer and height. It's a slight adjustment so I still feel confident with it. Mostly the beat/lightweight OS is for resistance to turn, and a fresh max weight OS is for hard low ceiling shots that need to go left fast.

Drone is a good choice but the Buzzz OS feels better in the hand (to me).

That is strong words. The Drone and the Alias are the best two best feeling midranges that I have thrown(not necessarily flight though). [...] Perhaps I will dig the Drone back out and give it a round for memories sake today.

I'm a Drone fan as well. I just never noticed how sharp the Drone bottom is until I held the Quake. And since they fly so similar, making the switch was easy.

Oh and BTW, I agree with the Verdict as the Buzz compliment. I just had to mention Quake>Drone

Last edited:
OK sorry to threadjack - I understood that the Emac Truth was close to a more stable buzzz - how does it compare to a Verdict and say, a max weight beefy glo buzzz?

Latest posts