• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] OS Driving Putter

Does a Yeti have a bead? Cant remember. If it doesn't and since you like Aviars i'd give one of those a try.

if you want to get something new in your hands, Envy all day. Soft Neutron would be my recommendation, but if you don't like slightly gummy discs the reg neutron or Proton are good also.

Btw, the envy does have a micro bead...

Yeti is big bead.

I know you said you were't a fan of deep putters but the Prodiscus Jokeri is IMO the best driving putter, I use it for everything 200' in and always a fan grip

Well if you liked the KC but not the bead the obvious answer is a P2.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I really liked the flight of the KC, but not so much the hand feel. My dubs partner had an S-P2 in his car and let me check it out. It's better, but still a little deeper than I'd prefer. I'll check out an Envy and go from there. If it's not any better then I'll probably just get a C-P2.

Axiom ENVY - MVP Atom (in proton plastic) - or I've recently tried a Westside Shield and that's decent too. But for real the first two I listed ;)

Hazy Shade had a P Envy that worked. Felt much better in the hand than the KC. The microbead is so small it wasn't noticable, and it was coming out clean for drives. Thanks everyone.

Hazy Shade had a P Envy that worked. Felt much better in the hand than the KC. The microbead is so small it wasn't noticable, and it was coming out clean for drives. Thanks everyone.

Plasma or Proton?

I have a Proton and always thought the bead was uncomfortable, especially backhand. Lately I've been loving some KC Aviars. I need to go pull that Envy out and give it a shot again. Lately my proton Ion feels very comparable to a KC.

Sounds to me a McPro Aviar is what you want, that is the P&A Aviar mold, McPro plasic for putters is just slightly more stiff then KC. If that is too much bead then the DX Classic grid Aviar is what you can try, those have no bead. Classic Grid Aviar in DX is very stiff like a KC disc even the newer ones. The P&A Aviar is nearly no bead, micro and will work XT is a stiff Pro like plastic that feels more like DX like while the R-Pro is more flexible a disc and more rubbery feel. As as far as I am thinking those discs are Aviars that will work as you used an Aviar before.

I like a bead so I went with a Pure White wizard for all of my putter shots. I had a pure for a while pretty stable for no bead and a true flyer. If toubwant OS (IDK how OS we're talking) zone, ringer, breaker, harp, aviarx3, aviar 3, P3X, yeti aviar, aviar driver, JK aviar(lots of aviar options) wizards (pick your poison). Oh yeah. McPro aviar (duh) stable though. Not OS.

Last edited:
Sounds to me a McPro Aviar is what you want, that is the P&A Aviar mold, McPro plasic for putters is just slightly more stiff then KC. If that is too much bead then the DX Classic grid Aviar is what you can try, those have no bead. Classic Grid Aviar in DX is very stiff like a KC disc even the newer ones. The P&A Aviar is nearly no bead, micro and will work XT is a stiff Pro like plastic that feels more like DX like while the R-Pro is more flexible a disc and more rubbery feel. As as far as I am thinking those discs are Aviars that will work as you used an Aviar before.
McPros. Are beadless
https://goo.gl/images/Gojh33