• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Overlap between F3 and Saint Pro?

Frolf_noob

Anyone have experience throwing these two that can comment on the speed differences and stabilities?

Saint Pro? No. But regular Saint in Opto plastic. Yes. The Saint is faster(speed 9 vs. 7) and a tick less fade than the F3. With 300'+ of power I would rate them about the same on high speed stability with both turning a bit before starting their respective fades. I can get approximately 10'-20' more out of the Saint due to it's higher speed and enormous amount of glide, but I took it out of my bag before I even switched to experimenting with an all Prodigy bag due to it's lack of controllability in the wind. What's more I think the F3 compares more readily to a TL or River than the Saint.

My F3 is somewhere between a Saint and a Saint Pro. Specifically the HSS is a little closer to the Saint, not quite as US as a Saint but more straight/stable. The LSS has a decent fade to it, closer to the Saint Pro. Distances are pretty similar with good throws so I think the speeds are pretty similar.

I agree somewhat with the previous posts...

I have a Opto Saint, Saint Pro, & F3 all in the bag at the moment.
I really find there to be NO overlap for me.

The Opto Saint flies like a fresh baby Trespass for me and tad more US than is ratings, but pretty much right on.

The Saint Pro is pretty dang beefy and I find it more like a C-PD with a tad more glide. Or its the closest I've tried to flying like a longer faster Teebird.

The F3 is not really comparable to the two above. Its much shorter and slower. The F3 flies like a beat Eagle L for me, with a little less glide than an Eagle.

The Saints def bomb, both with very different flights. The Saints def get out to 400'+ for me and the F3 is in the mid 300's.

I use the F3 as a poor man's Eagle L basically, and since I've found a few 12x EL's its prob on the way out of the bag.

The Saints actually pair very well together for me and the Fury is in the US Control Driver slot.

Still a Control vs Fairway comparison, but that's just my $0.02

I would like to know more about the F3....I use a beat Champ Eagle as of now, but took it out in hopes of getting a 400 F3. I have an F7 so I want a Fairway that is control, slowish/(compared to teebird and eagle) and has a overall straight flight. I throw an M3 and it is perfect for everything. Id imagine the F3 would be like that but in Fairway form.

My question is.. (since its winter and I dont really NEED new discs for this season)
Should I get an F3 because it's what I'm looking for....or do I wait for the F4 to come out?

I want a nice, simple S shape fairway that can 'do it all' a go-to type. I use the Eagle, and the new AceRace13 disc. But the AR13 is almost too fast and tricksy...It can be stable, or sometimes flip unser and hold a straight line...i like it, but...., I may use the AR13 as a more stable and more distance and the F3 as a go-to for shots that are juuust a little too far for that M3, M2 shot.

Help??

I would like to know more about the F3....

My question is.. (since its winter and I dont really NEED new discs for this season)
Should I get an F3 because it's what I'm looking for....or do I wait for the F4 to come out?

I want a nice, simple S shape fairway that can 'do it all' a go-to type
and the F3 as a go-to for shots that are juuust a little too far for that M3, M2 shot.

That's pretty much what the F3 is. I don't think you'd be disappointed. :thmbup:

My local shop doesnt have any new/attractive F3s.....Im waiting until they receive a batch of the F5's and I have a 20$ store credit because I won a side game at a recent event. So....I'm gonna get my favorite F5....try it out...I think for colder weather I'd prefer more understable anyway....but I have an F7...so....I hope the F5 is a very useful and good disc and not just an F7 thats a tiny bit more stable...

The F3 looks Good. I will want to try that too...I will likely try out most of the fairways and Decide what I will find most useful for me!

My guess, it will be: F7 F4 F2 But verywell could be F7 F5 F3....I dont F;ing know yet.
Ok....cannot wait for spring again....hard to disc in the cold, wind, and dark like this

I was doing some more field testing and my 165 F3 seems a tick more stable than my 168 opto Saint Pro and both are more stable than a GL Saint. I'm just getting these out past 300', so power may be a factor compared to ncgamedog's experiences.

I wonder how much is the variability in the Prodigy discs that people talk about. My F2 flies pretty darn similar to my F3 so maybe I have a slightly beefy F3.

The F3 had more stability than i was looking for... gonna be getting rid of it. Looking forward to trying out the F5.