• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

P2 putter - Psycho

So I grabbed 2 171g off-white

The plastic is different from the protos. Definitely KC Pro, where the protos were more Yeti pro. This post will focus on me comparing the two runs of KC P2s.

The profile is different as well. The stock KCs are what I consider the better putting P2 mold. The wing is flat, where the protos were concave. They are similar in shape to the DGR D-P2s from last year which I liked. I've seen stock colors in white, orange, red and yellow.

The flight is similar to the d-P2s. They have less low speed "dump" than the protos. Basically putts like a good P2 but in KC plastic. Oh and the stock run doesn't get all bouncy like the protos when they hit the chains

There were not many. I am pretty sure the 4 at that range were snagged by staff who putt with the P2. I think we have some yellow at that weight

not sure when they will get uploaded to the DN site, but I know its up to bat

hurry and get parker a pp2...he cant putt for shit with that damn taco'd mercy..it looks like a juju putter with all the dimples in it after todays round :)

Leopard said:
yeah them shits felt good

I fondled a production P P2 at the store yesterday and it is stiffer than the softest tackiest KC Aviars i've felt and softer than the stiffest run of KC Aviars so it is somewhat slick. That is why i didn't get any for this cold weather. Possibly next summer. It is not a suitable all year round disc for my slick dry skin.

anybody putting with a P-P2 yet? I drive with D-P2's and putt with KC aviars, thinking about making the switch

Maybe when it is warm but which KC i've felt porcelain plate, the kind P P2 is made of and softer tackier plastic? In cooler weather i suspect the P P2 will become slick. In the summer it should be fine.

Booter said:
hurry and get parker a pp2...he cant putt for shit with that damn taco'd mercy..it looks like a juju putter with all the dimples in it after todays round :)

Oh SNAP ! I just saw this. suk it boot strap- I wasn't wooed over the PPsquared. I did buy a clearly X'd-OUT Mercy for full retail price- :evil: Zach :evil:

Zach does have the nice special P-P2s though. He gleamed as he let everyone look at it but not touch his disc.

Got my P-P2's in today. Took them out for a 50 putt practice. My first impressions...
boobs.gif

Definitely what I was hoping for. Might have to see if Santa will deliver some more of these. The spring season needs to get here quicker.

Got a little more work in with these today. They putt really nice, but the plastic they are ran in isn't durable at all. I hit dead center chains on a putt and it ripped a big chunk out of the nose of the putter. Definitely not as durable as the KC plastic.

I got a wild hair up my ass and just ordered 4 P2s from the factory store.

2 P with mini stamp
1st run G*
McBeth S-line

We'll see how this goes around this time.

dgdave said:

2 P with mini stamp
1st run G*
McBeth S-line

I'd be pretty happy if that G* is less stable than the S-line...

It would be interesting to know the difference between the McBeth and older non signed S-Lines if there are any.

Hoey said:
dgdave said:

2 P with mini stamp
1st run G*
McBeth S-line

I'd be pretty happy if that G* is less stable than the S-line...

Hate to burst your bubble, but I've noticed no difference between my FR S-P2s and my G*. But, that's a small sample size.

Depending on what one prefers that can be a good thing or a bad one. Original S P2s fly fine so more tackiness for colder or wet weather is fine. I tossed a concave top offset small Huk Lab stamped orange D P2 that is more hss and about identical lss to regular S P2s. It is the best driving putter for full tilt mashing and controlled putter drives i have ever tried. The owner got it from Innovastore last year.

This disc is popular. I see a whole lot of amateurs putting and throwing it. A lot of higher level players throw it and a few have been putting with it including David Wiggins Jr., Nate Sexton, Joe Rovere, Simon Lizotte, Jussi Meresmaa, and I'm sure a slew of others.

Latest posts