• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Par Talk

Which of these best describes Hole 18 at the Utah Open?

• A par 5 where 37% of throws are hero throws, and 21% are double heroes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know this is old news in this thread, but I'd love to see par 2's, 6's, even 7's implemented. One thing I hate in the sport is how an open two shot hole (think a 500' hole, or two easy 250' shots) is often automatically made a par 4. I like courses that reward par. Roy G is one that comes to mind.

I know this is old news in this thread, but I'd love to see par 2's, 6's, even 7's implemented. One thing I hate in the sport is how an open two shot hole (think a 500' hole, or two easy 250' shots) is often automatically made a par 4. I like courses that reward par. Roy G is one that comes to mind.

I hate every word of this post.

You may have re-set a 3000 post thread, with that.

I'm not sure a good par-7 can be built, though. It might seem a big like a cross-country trek, throwing discs.

Though I actually played one, a couple of weeks ago. Par probably correctly set (expected score for 1000-rated players) at 7; about a par-11 for my skill level, though thankfully I was playing doubles. It had some novelty due it its unique location, but I'm not sure I'd want to play it more than the once-every-few-years that I do. Or even watch better players do it.

I'm not sure a good par-7 can be built, though. It might seem a big like a cross-country trek, throwing discs.

Though I actually played one, a couple of weeks ago. Par probably correctly set (expected score for 1000-rated players) at 7; about a par-11 for my skill level, though thankfully I was playing doubles. It had some novelty due it its unique location, but I'm not sure I'd want to play it more than the once-every-few-years that I do. Or even watch better players do it.

Where? Legit par 6s are already almost non-existent. Got scorecards? I can adjust for it being doubles.

Where? Legit par 6s are already almost non-existent. Got scorecards? I can adjust for it being doubles.

A private course that no longer holds tournaments.

The par-4s and par-5s seem geared toward pros, and I think that's the owner's intent. Some of them, I'd be pretty happy with a bogey. The 2200' (or more) par 7 is, as I said, a novelty, seldom played even on that course.

Yeah, par 7 may be a stretch, but I'm thinking a hole like 17 at Iron Hill but add an OB creek on the left or push it back another 100'. It averaged 5.23 over 3 days at an NT. Just imagine if there was any OB. I can watch this Seppo eagle a million times.

https://youtu.be/6FRZkzQD8KU?t=1466

This thread is too long... but here goes, may have already been suggested.

1) expand putting to Circle 2
2) par = expected shots to Circle 2 (or closer) + 2

A private course that no longer holds tournaments.

The par-4s and par-5s seem geared toward pros, and I think that's the owner's intent. Some of them, I'd be pretty happy with a bogey. The 2200' (or more) par 7 is, as I said, a novelty, seldom played even on that course.

Yeah, that sounds like a par 7.

You'd have to have multiple landing zone hits to make it work. Like, you have to make this zone to set up for this leg, then this zone to set up for this leg.

It seems that two such shots on any given hole would be more than enough. If you were trying to work in three, there's just too much that could go wrong. I suspect most would hate the hole.

There is a couple of par 5s that do this. One at Beaver State Fling comes to mind.

That's not a bad method, if you're using an expert to set the expectations. Expand it out to 100' and you've got Close Range Par. Expand it out to 200' and it works a little better.

However, if you can figure out the expected throws to Circle 2, why not just continue on and use straight-up expected throws to complete the hole?

What if the throws to circle 2 always land well within circle 1? Perhaps it's a very short hole, or a hole with a very short tightly constrained upshot - like an island hop. Maybe circle 2 is an abandoned swimming pool. Why add 2 when only one more is expected?

Just about any method, when applied to a 1000-rated player, will work fine for most holes. However, that doesn't qualify any method to become the new definition. A definition has to work for all kinds of holes. The only true commonality possible to all holes is the score expected of an expert.

Start of a Euro-dump, a by-product of something else I've been working on. I might duplicate some.

Latitude 64 Tyyni Sponsored by Dynamic Discs

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tyyni2018.png
    Tyyni2018.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 60
Nokia Open - ET#7 2018/The Beast/with some small changes
attachment.php

Attachments

• NokiaPar.png
    NokiaPar.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 60
Skellefteå Open - EPT#3/Discgolf Terminalen /

attachment.php

Attachments

• Skelleftea.png
    Skelleftea.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 59
European Disc Golf Championships 2018/Resort Terme Sveti Martin/Layout 1

attachment.php

Attachments

• EDGC2018.png
    EDGC2018.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 60
Prodigy Disc Pro Tour - Lahti 2018/Lahti/Prodigy Disc Pro Tour

attachment.php

Attachments

• LahtiPar.png
    LahtiPar.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 62
The Open - EPT#4/Ale Discgolfcenter

attachment.php

Attachments

• EPT4.png
    EPT4.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 60
Put

Do you always put with a glove on?

Noticed a few wobbly puts maybe grip has something to do with it.

I don't see many putting with a stack of putters in their hand.

Very informative videos so far just a few things I noticed. Gives me the same vibe as the old Discraft videos I really do think it's great.

Latest posts