• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Parks & Rec wants to know what the preferred DG basket is

Favorite Disc Golf Basket

• Total voters

pineappletrees

Eagle Member
A local P&R department wants some feedback on which baskets are the preferred basket of the DG community. A new course will be put in this Spring and they're trying to finalize the plans. DGA III, DGA V, DISCatcher Pro, Gateway, Arroyo? Pros and cons would be great!

if money is no issue, the Lat Basket is sick. the top of the line DGA basket is great too! I think thats the V.

I like Discatchers the best, the chains are a nice weight (yes, for catching discs), and the yellow bands make for excellent visibility from a distance.

Before people chime in about the yellow band (aka chastity belt) for causing crazy rollaways, that can happen on any basket with a high, missed putt. IMO, the pros outweight the cons.

Honestly you can't go wrong with any of the top level baskets. You're going to get a lot of different responses, but if you go with the discatcher, chainstar, mach III or V or titan you're in great shape. Probably the arroyo too, though they haven't been around long enough to know how they stand up to prolonged use and exposure.

Discatcher. Love the visibility and durability.

My home course has Mach V's with a soft chain pattern. I personally like them a lot and wish they were in more courses. So I vote DGA V.

I feel like most of the baskets you mentioned are better than fine. Everyone has little personal preferences, like, I find the Discatcher band, when I hit it instead of chains, to cause fewer rollaways etc than something like the DGA, with the flat top and exposed eyelets.

Of the list you provided, the real deciding factor for a PnR dept will be cost, my guess.

My favorites are Mach IIIs (love the inner chain setup), but I think the Mach V (separate rings for the inner and outer rows of chains makes it much nicer than the Discraft Chainstar) catches the best out of all the baskets I've used.

Mach III or V for me.

I really would like to try the Titan and Vortex though. Both of those look like they're black holes.

Chances are if it's a Parks and Recretaion Department, they are probably not rolling in $$$. I'd look into discatchers and chainstars, the two "big guys" might be able to work out a sweet deal for a municipality.

Must know. New course in KC.... where, pre-tell, is said course going to be??

Please say up North... please, please, please.

Oh, and I don't know what the baskets are William Jewell but they're pretty nice. Discatchers.

The ones at Smithville seem to be holding up well also and I like that they're powder coated different colors.... Chainstars?

TBH, I really don't care too much which baskets you convince them to go with. All of the top manufacturers make good ones. I just hope that you can get 19 of 'em (1 for practice putting) and tell me where they're going in.

Chances are if it's a Parks and Recretaion Department, they are probably not rolling in $$$. I'd look into discatchers and chainstars, the two "big guys" might be able to work out a sweet deal for a municipality.

They told me they are looking at DISCatcher Pros and DGA Mach V and asked if I had any feedback on those or others. Each hole will be sponsored at $500 each so I believe they can afford it.

Must know. New course in KC.... where, pre-tell, is said course going to be??

Please say up North... please, please, please.

Oh, and I don't know what the baskets are William Jewell but they're pretty nice. Discatchers.

The ones at Smithville seem to be holding up well also and I like that they're powder coated different colors.... Chainstars?

TBH, I really don't care too much which baskets you convince them to go with. All of the top manufacturers make good ones. I just hope that you can get 19 of 'em (1 for practice putting) and tell me where they're going in.

You're in luck! It's going up in Liberty, MO.

http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=8712.0