• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Parks & Rec wants to know what the preferred DG basket is

Favorite Disc Golf Basket

• Total voters
Played all but the titan and Lat. Heard good things about the Lat. The Arroyo out does them all! The Discatcher is a graffiti magnet.

I seem to notice the chains rusting worse on Discatchers more than any other basket. The crown is nice and visible, true, but it also provides a nice surface for sharpie artists to gloat about their 226' ace or that so and so's sister is a whore.

Innova got a batch of chains that weren't properly galvanized a couple years ago. Those are the ones that you're seeing rust. I was told that they would replace rusty chains from that era for free.

We have tons of Mach V's around KC and they're pretty never racking to putt on sometimes because they appear to have less surface area. Probably makes me more accurate on bigger targets though.

Where is this new course in the Kansas City area because thats where I live.

Shoot, I voted for the Titan, I meant to vote for the Bullseye. I'd like to see the sport's putting get more challenging, and that'd be a great way to start :)

Like I said, I'd like to get involved. I'm not in KCFDC, so shoot me a PM if you think there's any way I could help out.

Why NOT! Everyone who lives and plays disc golf in Kansas City area should be part of the KCFDC. Just join.

As for baskets, I like the Innova Discatchers, but the rusting chains at Legacy have me worried. I might mention to Lees Summit P&R that they can get the chains replaced for free. I like the idea of supporting the local Missouri company (Disc Golf Monkey) and getting the Monkey Traps, they seem like really quality baskets from what I've played on. The suggestion to talk to Rick or Dick at DGW about getting baskets through them for price comparisons is a good idea too. Good luck!

Hands down most consistent catching basket is Innova. You miss on that it is YOUR fault.

DGA/Discraft is inconsistent crud.

Have not played on a Vortex but have heard mixed reviews

Why NOT! Everyone who lives and plays disc golf in Kansas City area should be part of the KCFDC. Just join.

you should join your local DG club before you join the PDGA. Your local DG club is usually the ones getting courses put in. Plus any club I have been in does alot of fun events throughout the year.

if you can swing arroyos that would be the best option. other than that the gateway titan and i guess discatchers are the best. love the titan. lat 64 is good too

I'm not a discraft fan, unless it comes to baskets, and let me tell you, anything discraft in terms of baskets over innova. :thmbup:

Latest posts