• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

partial bag critique

gray

D
1.1 SOLF(sof) - 175
1.2 SOLS - 175

Fairway
Ch. 11x TB - 172
DX TB - 175
Ch. Leo - 167

Mid
3x rocs - 176

Upshots/Putts/Etc.
Ch. Rhyno (gummy!) - 175
2x kc pro aviar - 170

my question is this:

(According to google earth,) I can hit 330' - 350' with my teebird and a little less with my leo very consistently - I like the lines I can hit with that combo. Between TB/Leo/Roc, my game is good w/in 350', good being a relative term.

The SOLS and SOLF (which are basically the same disc because of beatness/run) get me another 30', 40' when it clicks. Am I missing out by not throwing something faster?

I've tried Destroyers with mixed success, but took them out b/c I didn't want to fuss with them. Orcs were less dependable than the SOLS/SOLF combo. Pro Wraiths were flippy. I cannot throw a Boss well - too wide - so that rules out those other 13/14 drivers. Tell me to be contented w/ the SOLF and I'll be happy.

All other comments welcome.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you with a similar bag setup. my "long" discs are an Avenger/Valkyrie combo (which is similar to your SOLS/SOLF combo). I'm also throwing in your distance bracket and am wondering the same thing. Last time I went disc shopping I told myself to look for used Champ or Star Wraiths or whatever Surges they had. but the damn store had too many TP Cyclones and Elite Pro XL's and X2's that wanted to come home with me :lol: .

I'm still thinking Wraith or Surge of some type but I just can't convince myself some times. I hear the Force is nice too. Maybe i need to just buy some and throw them.

Naw, you're good on your distance discs. I throw a beat SOLF most of the time for distance and it works great. I do have wraiths and/or Katanas for when I play a more open course but they don't stay in my bag full time. Hitting 380' with a SOLF is totally fine for most courses.

Your bag looks pretty solid, but I'd add an overstable meathook, (Firechicken/Predator/XXX) take your pick