• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pax's Bag- work in progress.

WorldPax

Bogey Member
1. Stable Control Drivers- DX Gazelle

2. Distance Drivers- DX Valkyrie

3. Understable Driver- DX Cheetah

4. Moderately Overstable Driver- DX Teebird

5. Very Overstable Driver- DX Wraith

Mids:
Classic Roc
Star Coyote
Super Soft Wizard

Putters:
DX Aviar
Omega SS

9/21/08 - As of today I have been playing for about 4 months and I just put this bag together from what I have been using and what I had sitting around. So I'm just starting to expand my game and experiment a bit.
I am at the level where I can throw the Gazelle past 300' pretty accurately on a variety of lines. I can throw a putter 230-250' also accurately and controlled. So that should give you an indication of my power and skill level.
Just this week I started using the Valk for distance and it seems to be working. The only time I would touch the Wraith is for big hyzers and major headwinds. I really like DX and do not like the feel of Champ or Pro plastic.

What is the opinion of the group.

edit: up until now, I would usually only play with T-Bird, Gazelle, Roc, Aviar, and my best round was +4, but average about +7. I really need to practice my putting more because I'm leaving some birds out there.

dgdave said:
I'd drop the Archangel when the valk gets beat.

I think I've thrown that AA twice and not recently, just pulled it out. I'll give it a few throws and see if it even stays. If not, I still have a Cheetah to put in it's place.

That beat vlak must not have been very beat.

I think a Gazelle or valk would end up being much better for understable shots. Go play Blackhawk with just some valks and gazelles. That'll beat them fast

I think as you improve (and this may happen sooner than later) you'll want something faster for your #4 slot and something more overstable for your #5 slot. The Teebird works great for an overstable version of your #1 slot, but isn't quite fast enough for a #4. What you really want is max distance in a moderate headwind from that slot. The SOLF, Z/ESP Avenger and Champ/Star Starfire are favorites on this board. These discs generally break into good distance drivers, too.

The Wraith may seem overstable, but it really just fades pretty hard. As it gets beat in or if you're throwing in a strong wind it won't really have the HSS to do what a #5 driver needs to do. The Z Predator, E Spirit and Champ Firebird are favorites here. These discs break into great moderately overstable drivers, too.

I'd also rethink your mids. The Classic Roc and Wizard are putters and while the Coyote is OK, you'll probably need to supplement it with something else when you want more fade.

It would probably be best to beat a gazalle into the understable spot rather than adding another mold. The gazelle is excellent for learning lines and can be used at different levels of beatness. The same is true for Dx Roc. They are great mids, but be sure not to use one that is too heavy. Maybe start with a 170 and move it up as neccessary.

WorldPax said:
1. Stable Control Drivers- DX Gazelle

2. Distance Drivers- DX Valkyrie

3. Understable Driver- DX Cheetah

4. Moderately Overstable Driver- DX Teebird

5. Very Overstable Driver- DX Firebird

Mids:
Classic Roc
Star Coyote
Super Soft Wizard

Putters:
DX Aviar
Omega SS

Sold! Marshall Street has a Firebird coming my way for the #5 slot, and a Roc. Going to keep the T-bird in the #4 for now though. I don't think my game is really up to speed 9 disc's yet, but we'll see. I seem to be progressing at a decent pace, and nothing says I have to pull them out.

Latest posts