• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PD/Avenger Rim

attik34

Birdie Member
I've done some searching and can't find what I'm looking for. I've seen some threads with pd vs avenger but yeah, no luck.

For those of you who have both or have thrown both, which has a wider rim between the two?

Don't care which you like better just that question or one of those here is how you use the internet and find that info that you cool google guys do :)

they have the same sized rims and same speed (which usually determines size)

Avenger feels wider even though they are "identical" on paper. But my pd's are also Xmas stamps.

Rim depth and rim width are the same. Avenger "feels" larger though, not so much width, but depth (this is comparing Z to S though). They both throw roughly the same. I think the PD handles better at lower heights.

Rim depth and rim width are the same. Avenger "feels" larger though, not so much width, but depth (this is comparing Z to S though). They both throw roughly the same. I think the PD handles better at lower heights.

any opinion as to headwind?

With the Avenger it entirely depends on the shape and plastic of the disc. Flat, high PLH ESP's and Z's will not turn into the wind (we're talking under 25 mph). The test config/xmas stamp PD's are about the same. an X Avenger will turnover into the wind.

and I also agree that the Avenger feels deeper. Just try both and see which one you like.