• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Event Search Feature

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
This is part question and part suggestion.

I'm interested in playing PDGA events, and my work/life situation is such that I can't travel very far and am not available on many weekends. I'd love to be able to play more PDGA tournaments but it feels like the stars have to align for me to be able to play them. I also have lived near big enough states that the PDGA advanced search feature (by date and state) doesn't narrow things down satisfactorily.

When I lived in Oklahoma City, I would search in OK, TX, AR, KS, and even MO. Now that I'm in Morgantown, WV, I search WV, PA, OH, VA, and MD. I appreciate having the event search available, but 80% of the events returned are way too far. Does anyone have a good workaround for this? I could currently use Facebook or local group pages for select local groups (namely Pittsburgh, Morgantown, and Fairmont, WV) but there's so much extra noise that I've abandoned Facebook altogether and prefer not to need that method of event awareness.

As far as you PDGA folks, would it be possible to add a zip code alongside city and state? Searching by proximity (zip code to zip code) seems like a relatively simple and worthwhile improvement in functionality.

As a Pittsburgh player, I have a similar problem. What I do is go on discgolfscene and search by within a certain number of miles from my zip code. It doesn't include EVERY event, but a good majority of them.

As a Pittsburgh player, I have a similar problem. What I do is go on discgolfscene and search by within a certain number of miles from my zip code. It doesn't include EVERY event, but a good majority of them.

Yup....around Michigan, Disc Golf Scene is used, almost exclusively. And to very good effect, I might add. It is a terrific resource for tournaments, leagues, clubs and courses.

A few years ago, I started traveling full-time. I really needed a resource for finding tournaments as I travelled. As a professional web application developer, I decided to put my skills to use and build my own resource. It has all PDGA sanctioned event (automatically updated daily) and puts them on a highly filterable map. It has a ton of other features but at the core, it is a great search tool.

You can find it at https://dgtournaments.com.

I think you will find it useful and let me know you thoughts. It is a work in progress.

A few years ago, I started traveling full-time. I really needed a resource for finding tournaments as I travelled. As a professional web application developer, I decided to put my skills to use and build my own resource. It has all PDGA sanctioned event (automatically updated daily) and puts them on a highly filterable map. It has a ton of other features but at the core, it is a great search tool.

You can find it at https://dgtournaments.com.

I think you will find it useful and let me know you thoughts. It is a work in progress.

ummmmmm, this is bad ass. I don't know what kind of developers the PDGA has, but I've always been disappointed with their event search interface. You should shoot them an email and see if you can do some contract work and develop this for them on the PDGA site. BOOKMARKED!

I think that this is something that UDisc is going to address next year or so with the new integration with the PDGA. Just an FYI.