• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I also had a bad tournament. Luckily it was a horrible first round followed by a rather good round so I went up 8. Lucky me.

Also, my wife played her first sanctioned tournament and ended with a 697 rating.

My 11 year old son had his rating go up 6 points with 27 rounds recorded for that rating. PDGA #46920, I think he will get his rating to 900 in a few months based on his progression.

My 11 year old son had his rating go up 6 points with 27 rounds recorded for that rating. PDGA #46920, I think he will get his rating to 900 in a few months based on his progression.

Very nice! My son is 12 and I also think this will be the year his rating soars. For some reason there are a few rounds from 2020 on there still that are really low and his rating is 853. Toward the end of last summer he was starting to put it together. Took first place on league night versus all the adults playing the shorts, beating over 30 of them, including me by a stroke as well. I'd guess 900 is on his nearby horizon as well. He's #138688. Has 350' golf shots in him. He drew metal on a 360' hole that night as a matter of fact with a TL3. Slays with Rocs, which is a great sign, I think. The short game is coming around but still needs a bunch of work, which is good news. I keep encouraging him to get good at those 20-footers and the results will speak for themselves.

As for me, this is the last year I have to play MA-40 and just hanging onto my 900+ rating is all I care about. I'm going to play in a B or C tier in each of the six good layouts near me this year and whatever happens happens. I've never been below 900 mainly because the rating system went into effect the same year I started playing Am-1. I'm a great putter and pretty solid from 180' on in but 300' is a big ask these days. Proficient with RHBH and RHFH as far as hitting fairways but no distance. I'm #14425.

My son beat me head-to-head 9 times last year and I'm 920 rated. 2022 is probably where our graph lines meet, if I had to guess.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought 970+ were expected to move up (maybe even barred from competing in MA1)?
Have you accepted cash, even once, in a PDGA sanctioned Open or Open Masters division? If so - then yes you do have to play an Open division with that rating. If not - you're free to continue to play down.

Down 5, putting has been awful for a few rounds. Tournament from 2 Saturdays ago (4/2) isn't finalized but the ones from 4/3 and this last Saturday (4/9) did. Guess I'll get another update next month even without playing a round.

Anyone know when leagues technically drop off after 1 year? is it the begin date of the league session or the end date?

+8 but I only had one tournament to drive it up. Still haven't cracked that 850 barrier yet. You know, because I suck at disc golf.

Lol my awful round was bad enough that it dropped. I went up +1. My rating 923, was only 1 point better than my first rating 16 years ago after playing a year. That all said I have had years of horrible putting that I am working to reconcile. This time next year I expect to be back to my old self

Up 3 to 872. My rating stubbornly disagrees with my belief that I should be a 900 rated player.

Dropped 27 points to 657. Mainly due to some really bad league rounds at Vista del Camino in Scottsdale. I have issues with a couple of holes there and if I lived closer, I'd go there with a bunch of discs and just throw the holes I have issues with. Figure out which discs/throws work best on those holes so I'd have less issues next time.

But I mainly just need to have the confidence. Instead, I get to hole 11 and think....okay I have to throw across this bit of water and make it through the trees lining the edge, I just hope my disc gets in bounds enough before it hits a tree and goes into the water....that way I don't have to retee. So basically, I start the hole expecting to not make it.

But I mainly just need to have the confidence. Instead, I get to hole 11 and think....okay I have to throw across this bit of water and make it through the trees lining the edge, I just hope my disc gets in bounds enough before it hits a tree and goes into the water....that way I don't have to retee. So basically, I start the hole expecting to not make it.

If memory serves me, hole 11 is a little over 200' and those trees across the water are pretty short. Any time I can go over the trees and take them out of play that's what I do.

Only played Vista three times but looking at Udisc I got the 2 every time on 11.

Maybe give it a shot next time you're there.

If memory serves me, hole 11 is a little over 200' and those trees across the water are pretty short. Any time I can go over the trees and take them out of play that's what I do.

Only played Vista three times but looking at Udisc I got the 2 every time on 11.

Maybe give it a shot next time you're there.

It is a short hole and I should be able to make it as my max distance is 250. But, I've learned at my age that I don't have the arm/shoulder strength to go over those trees. I have tried a "grenade" throw, but came up short.

However, it is one reason I want to find time to play that hole with a bunch of discs....maybe if I could find the right disc I would be able to get the height to go over the trees and not hurt my shoulder.

9 is my other 'bear' of a hole, but that's because it is so narrow. Water to the right, OB sidewalk to the left and frequently people sitting at the picnic table on the left close to where I want to aim.

My 11 year old #46920 went up 5 points to 886, had 5 rounds between updates and one bad round that stopped it from going to 889. we did the math. He did have his highest rated round at 959 in that stretch to. I played 4 rounds in the last stretch winning MA40 at the Memorial and my first MP40 event. I have more rounds in this next stretch so lets hope for a new high rating. my rating went up a point #34459

Im praying I can get my son into Worlds to see how he stacks up with the best MJ12's.

Got 1 rated round in, below my rating, and climbed 5 points. It's nice to have been awful a year ago.

Down 5, putting has been awful for a few rounds. Tournament from 2 Saturdays ago (4/2) isn't finalized but the ones from 4/3 and this last Saturday (4/9) did. Guess I'll get another update next month even without playing a round.

Anyone know when leagues technically drop off after 1 year? is it the begin date of the league session or the end date?

League rounds drop off one by one based on when the individual rounds were played.

Mine's stuck at 849, since health won't get me through any more tournaments. Would probably be 830 if I managed a few.

My next-door nephew, age 14, played a few tournaments and jumped from 707 to 826. Let's see anyone else bump 119 points in one update.

A little math will tell you that I'll be waving at him as he zips by me, in the very near future.

pretty sure my rating will drop 1-4 points this upcoming tuesday but there is a good chance my 12 year old (pdga 46920) will break 900 with over 40 rounds used and the amazing thing about those 40 rounds is that they are at over 15 courses. Lots of variety and good mixture of difficulty. adapts well.

Mine's stuck at 849, since health won't get me through any more tournaments. Would probably be 830 if I managed a few.

My next-door nephew, age 14, played a few tournaments and jumped from 707 to 826. Let's see anyone else bump 119 points in one update.

A little math will tell you that I'll be waving at him as he zips by me, in the very near future.

I jumped 935 points one time.

From not rated to 935 in my first (and only) singles tourney. ;-)

My calculations have me getting back up to the rating I started the year at with next weeks update (+6 or +7). Fixed my Spring putting issues and had a good May/June so far.

This update will also help me figure out when the rounds from leagues get dropped off. They don't get finalized and added to the rating until the session completes (after the end date). Looking at the ratings detail page it shows the sorting of each session's rounds all listed together based on the session start date. I didn't have any league rounds drop off with the May update so I think its based on end date when they will drop off.

I am not calculating but at a glance I think I might dip below 950 for the first time since 2008. Played one round of sanctioned league injured in March, an 888 rated, tried playing one more time the next week on lunch and shut it down. Haven't done anything beyond a 20 meter putt since. Only 8 rounds on my profile - so its gonna drop a 959 off the back end (over a year old), and I believe it'll replace a 924 as one of the double-weighted rounds.

Latest posts