• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

How is it determined which rounds are dropped/not included in your rating?

From the pdga site:

All rated rounds you have played and have been reported to the PDGA within 12 months of your most recently rated round will be included in the calculation. However, if any one of those ratings is either more than 100 points below your average rating or more than 2.5 standard deviations below your rating – whichever number is smaller – that round will not be included. That works out to about 1 in 50 rounds getting dropped. Rounds where you DNF (Do Not Finish) are never counted in your rating. The most recent 25% of your rounds get double weighted which slightly boosts your rating if you have been steadily improving. If a player has fewer than 8 rounds in the past 12 months, since their most recent round, then we'll go back up to another 12 months until we find up to 8 rounds but never go back any farther than a total of 24 months.

How is it determined which rounds are dropped/not included in your rating?

Switch to the "Ratings Detail" sheet on your profile. The final line, "included" would be flagged as no if a round is dropped.

For instance, Paul McBeth's sheet:

http://www.pdga.com/player/27523/details

San Diego Open 137913120014-Sep to 15-Sep-2013 3 57 993 No
Veterans Park Open 13833648002-Nov to 3-Nov-2013 2 55 975 No
Cleveland County Classic 140271840014-Jun to 15-Jun-2014 1 55 983 No

are dropped.

My DGCR rating is 1003 with 54 holes played, and 124 shots. One ace, 37 birdies, 15 pars and one bogie. I just started adding my score to this site, So I take it that the lower the rating the better the score. ?.

The course I play is a nine hole, the red tee is all par 3's HINDMAN PARK, In Little Rock, Ark.

Cool site, Mike

Australia did an event yesterday and the TD has already sent in the the results for the pdga to post. I'm still waiting on Japan's Nationals results to post......40 something days after the event. I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but I think those lazy Japanese could learn a lesson or two about efficiency from those hard working Australians.

Australia did an event yesterday and the TD has already sent in the the results for the pdga to post. I'm still waiting on Japan's Nationals results to post......40 something days after the event. I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but I think those lazy Japanese could learn a lesson or two about efficiency from those hard working Australians.

This is how you start off a Monday morning right. Funny looks from everyone else in the office and a great laugh. :clap:

They usually start the update around noon(sometimes earlier, sometimes later). Then it may take an hour or two for everyone to be updated.

Chuck usually posts when they start the upload.

Andrew told me last night they appear to have some server tweaks needed since the revamped membership system went live. So hopefully we're still good for today but apparently later in the day than usual.

Only two rounds got added, so I only jumped up 3 points to 850. Hoping to be back up to 866 by the end of the season, but I'll need another round of league to be up around 900 to do so.

Latest posts