• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Joz said:
Trey133 said:
11x Teebird 8/10 at the Pineville Matthews PIAS. 6 bux.

The dude asked me what was special about it... I poker faced the shit out of him.

What's the dude's name? Is it Jason? I think he is the reason that for the most part there are nothing but crappy dx discs or champ beats or Vikings. Last year I routinely picked up nice stuff including a 1st Run SPD, CE firebird, and stock stamp echo star and first run star destroyers. Now its just a crapshoot.

Yeah I havn't had much luck there lately either. Are you saying Jason is the reason nobody with good discs is trading there?

Alpine has a smaller selection of used discs, but it seems to be a much better selection.

Frank Delicious said:
The pineville PIAS is great for beat rocs priced at like $3.

I have yet to see any of those in there...are you taking them all?

I personally think Jason knows what is valuable and sells it separately. There is also the 777Salvage guy who knows discs very well and comes in every day almost.

I think they're in cohoots.

Trey133 said:
I personally think Jason knows what is valuable and sells it separately. There is also the 777Salvage guy who knows discs very well and comes in every day almost.

Really? I mean that might make sense, because the selection of good discs really has been slim (amidst the 500 beat-to-snot DX discs). I'll see if I can talk to Jason soon to see whats up. I want in on this! That 777 guy charges people almost retail for returning discs he finds. A lot of guys on the CDGC forum ripped into him for that.

However, a few months ago I found a new 11x Kc Eagle-x in the bin...maybe that was the end of it though.

Spinthrift said:
Jeez, there's a ton o' crap discs in the PIAS pile here. But somehow the growing ranks of "in the know" missed:
>Stiff, white, 168 1.1 SOLF (marked SOF), 9.5/10, no ink
>Taffy, white, 172 10X Eagle-X, 7/10 (in a very sweet way), no ink
With ten buck gift card from recent tourney players pack they cost me 70 cents.

Yeah I saw those yesterday.

Trey133 said:

I don't know if they're in cohoots, but Jason has always quizzed me about first run stamps or how to identify certain discs. I've always tried to be mum on stuff like that, even when I lived in Chapel Hill and shopped at the Durham PIAS. But he obviously has done his homework. The only thing that he isn't good at (IMO) is identifying discs with tourney stamps that are worth something. For instance a couple of months ago I found and purchased 2 lightly used but GORGEOUS old school champ glow teebirds. He didn't know what they were, but I sure as hell did.

Fightingthetide said:
Frank Delicious said:
The pineville PIAS is great for beat rocs priced at like $3.

I have yet to see any of those in there...are you taking them all?

Yeah I've been to charlotte a bunch lately and my bro-in-law lives like 10 mins from that PIAS so I always hit it up and buy up all the beat rocs.

Joz said:
Spinthrift said:
Jeez, there's a ton o' crap discs in the PIAS pile here. But somehow the growing ranks of "in the know" missed:
>Stiff, white, 168 1.1 SOLF (marked SOF), 9.5/10, no ink
>Taffy, white, 172 10X Eagle-X, 7/10 (in a very sweet way), no ink
With ten buck gift card from recent tourney players pack they cost me 70 cents.

Yeah I saw those yesterday.
Thanks for leaving me some dregs. Let me know next time you're going over there so I can go first :wink:

Not really a great find necessarily, but good for me. Not at PIAS, but found a brand new early run Champy-Star PD mismarked for $9 at a local store.

The local PIAS just got in a bunch of those flygirl rocs and aviars from GGGT and I def picked up some. Nice dome and great plastic.

Not a PIAS find, but just bought what is supposed to be a new 173g CE QMS (I'm assuming its CE since it was opaque and has a tourney stamp from 2002) for $15 shipped.

kern9787 said:
Not a PIAS find, but just bought what is supposed to be a new 173g CE QMS (I'm assuming its CE since it was opaque and has a tourney stamp from 2002) for $15 shipped.

So you won the orange one last night on ebay? I almost bid on that one.

BLURR said:
kern9787 said:

So you won the orange one last night on ebay? I almost bid on that one.

Yes sir.

Attention Charlotte/Pineville PIAS inhabitants.

This PIAS has 5 old ching tanks brand new. They're a little light but definitely neat to have for 8 bucks.

Trey133 said:

This PIAS has 5 old ching tanks brand new. They're a little light but definitely neat to have for 8 bucks.
Are they the blue 154-56s?

Spinthrift said:
Trey133 said:

Are they the blue 154-56s?

Yes, yes they are.

zj1002 said:
keeping it? I got paypal :D

Haha. Man, two weeks ago I woulda said, "Sure!" But I picked up one the other week, and I have to say these things are amazing! Fits right in with my C-MD2. Great disc, wished I woulda discovered it earlier.

Joz said:
zj1002 said:
keeping it? I got paypal :D

Haha. Man, two weeks ago I woulda said, "Sure!" But I picked up one the other week, and I have to say these things are amazing! Fits right in with my C-MD2. Great disc, wished I woulda discovered it earlier.
What weight did you get?