• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pictures of your vintage discs

Roy said:
See page four...
DSCI0102.jpg

yeah that pic is too small for what I needed.

need any others? i have plenty.

i'm pretty sure the first run of thumbtrac birdies were stamped with piranha stamps. i was a piranha tosser back then.

Roy said:
What are you doing with the pics, Frank?

Getting pics for all the OOP Innova discs for the new version of DGR's website

biscgolf said:
need any others? i have plenty.

i'm pretty sure the first run of thumbtrac birdies were stamped with piranha stamps. i was a piranha tosser back then.

I probably do. I will have to go through the pics I already have and see what I am missing.

I have a black example of every disc Innova has ever produced (save the elusive Gopher). Hit me up if you need pix & I'll go spelunking in my basement.

Also I posted this in the DGR work forum but I'll put it here also.

Frank Delicious said:
So going through the wayback machine I found this:

21y7vr.jpg

This disc was Innova's first real overstable disc golf and distance disc. This particular stamp was produced in 1988 and was the first run of this particular disc. The underside still has Innova's original "Champion Discs" raised letters. This indicates that the mold for the original Aero was probably used.

What up with this thing?

Frank Delicious said:
Also I posted this in the DGR work forum but I'll put it here also.

Frank Delicious said:
So going through the wayback machine I found this:

21y7vr.jpg

This disc was Innova's first real overstable disc golf and distance disc. This particular stamp was produced in 1988 and was the first run of this particular disc. The underside still has Innova's original "Champion Discs" raised letters. This indicates that the mold for the original Aero was probably used.

What up with this thing?
The Phenix was the driver they made out of the Aero mold.

What in the Hell is the the DGR work forum?

Could also use pics of these Whamo discs:

90 Mold
91 Mold
Gemini
Max Flight
Mid Range Approach
Pluto Platter
The Tool (T501 Mold)

Roy said:
The Mirage is just a 150 class Aviar they sold in Japan under another name.

The Phenix was approved in 1988. It was a retool of the old Aero mold. It was an overstable driver. The picture is of a Phenix, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

don't you read this forum uber-Mod? :D

the one that was but no longer is

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17677

Frank Delicious said:
Oh, I didn't see that thread.

Fast fact: Frank's vision is like that of the tee-rex from Jurassic Park. Except he only sees things containing homoeroticism, political squabbling, fun colors, and his name.

Latest posts