• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pimp my bag

bort

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Started in 2009
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right-handed
Throwing Style: Primarily RHBH since 2012.
2009-2011: Most drives were RHFH, other shots RHBH.
Currently comfortable with both BH & FH, but still need better RHBH distance.
Also throw thumbers. Can't throw tomahawks.

Golf Distance (avg) for putter/mid/driver:
Aviar: 180'
Buzzz: 250'
Avenger SS: 300-320'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: N/A
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?:
Would like better max distance.
Would like a driver somewhere between Pro-D Avenger SS & Champion Teebird
Would like an understable mid

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
169g Pro-D Avenger SS (average condition/somewhat beat) - best distance/hyzer flips
173g Champion Teebird (good condition)
171g Star Sidewinder (good condition)
173g Z Surge (good condition) - almost exclusively forehand drives
173g ESP Surge (good condition) - almost exclusively forehand drives
165g Pro-D XL (average/somewhat beat) - anhyzer shots, hyzer flips
178g Star Firebird (avg-good condition) - thumbers, sharp hooks (bh or fh). scored my one and only ace.

Mids:
169g Pro-D Buzzz - primary mid
173g FLX Buzzz - when slight hook needed

Putters:
178g Supersoft Wizard - Primary putting putter
178g Star Aviar - primary throwing putter

You need either an overstable mid, or a really flippy mid. Or both. Since you are comfortable with FH, and BH, One disc could do it all.

I suggest you order an MVP Tensor. The reviews on this disc are very positive so far. The Tensor will suit your OS mid/putter slot, and can be used with flicks for right hand turns.

Something like a Leo wouldn't hurt either. Or, have you tried the Zombee? It would fill the gap between your Buzz and distance drivers. FWIW, I can throw my Zombee about as far as any of my discs. (I have D similar to yours) Those things have amazing glide.

Usually when I feel like I need an overstable mid, the FLX Buzzz does the job well, but I might not be thinking about the situations in the right way.

I do often feel the need for a flippier mid though.

I have also definitely been meaning to try out a leopard. Have not tried (or heard of) the Zombee - will check it out.

There are so many great discs out there, but one of the most highly suggested is the Leo.

I have a lot of luck with the westside Tursas for an understable mid. But, this is a category with TONS of good ones. And, I agree with above. You are needing an overstable mid as well. I personally like the champ gator, but once again...Many other great ones.