• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing Through Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
You two should just settle your differences with a dance off.

I would probably lose from laughing too hard at the other fools, if they can't keep pace on a disc golf course, Lord knows they can't boogie down .

"Anyone who disagrees with me needs to be banned!" -Safe space SJWs with fragile egos who can't even handle a contrary opinion, much less the shame of being played through on.

I couldn't imagine the kind of upbringing that would result in an "I own this public park and everyone else has to yield to me" mentality, but I definitely blame your parents. They were probably beatniks like Ned Flanders from The Simpsons' parents. All I know is thinking that you have any right to tell a faster player "No, you can't play through" shows a tremendously over-inflated sense of self-importance. I reiterate, IT. IS. ON. THE. RULES. SIGNS.

How about instead of getting mad when people take the initiative and play around your slow booties, why not just learn proper etiquette and make it a non-issue? Just a thought.

Sidenote, you know you suck at life when you get schooled on etiquette by someone like me. Bwahahahaha.

Funny thing about all this, lil' T Hug has created this scenario in his mind that has absolutely nothing to do with what is really going on. It's like he's barking at shadows.

Go get 'em, tiger!

I would probably lose from laughing too hard at the other fools, if they can't keep pace on a disc golf course, Lord knows they can't boogie down .

"Anyone who disagrees with me needs to be banned!" -Safe space SJWs with fragile egos who can't even handle a contrary opinion, much less the shame of being played through on.

I couldn't imagine the kind of upbringing that would result in an "I own this public park and everyone else has to yield to me" mentality, but I definitely blame your parents. They were probably beatniks like Ned Flanders from The Simpsons' parents. All I know is thinking that you have any right to tell a faster player "No, you can't play through" shows a tremendously over-inflated sense of self-importance. I reiterate, IT. IS. ON. THE. RULES. SIGNS.

How about instead of getting mad when people take the initiative and play around your slow booties, why not just learn proper etiquette and make it a non-issue? Just a thought.

Sidenote, you know you suck at life when you get schooled on etiquette by someone like me. Bwahahahaha.

There's a lot to unpack in this post

the tact is pretty awful overall...

how about you suggest a throw off for the hole? You throw, then I throw... whoever is further can finish the hole off first then move on..?

fwiw, I want there to be a dance off over this... that would be sorta EPIC. :D

If B3nder&friends are the white knights here, they you are the black knight. You both have some kind of logic on your side. How about a grey knight to suggest a reasonable answer to this..? While it is in a way rude to not allow a faster player/group to go first, it also isn't fair to throw over their heads... it evokes a "how sad is that" kind of response.

Possible solutions:
Play off the hole as suggested above... if the first group will agree to that.
skip the hole and play it out later <--my preference
wait your turn... it is first come, first served after all... you really don't have any say in that on public courses

Funny thing about all this, lil' T Hug has created this scenario in his mind that has absolutely nothing to do with what is really going on. It's like he's barking at shadows.

Go get 'em, tiger!

Eexxaaccttllyy.. Who said they wouldn't let a single or faster group play through?

Keep barking

thug must be coming across a lot of less than considerate folks... maybe he is less than considerate when asking?

I've never been denied when asking to play through... I am either by myself or in a small group when doing so... I've never even been looked at funny for asking.

Aw man, thank you for the laughs. It really doesn't get any better than this.

You sure told us.

I think I was told "no' once for playing through. Somehow I managed to control myself and not throw over their heads.

I just can't care that much. I'll skip around or wait. No big deal.

thought I was agreeing with you b3nder... ahhh you never liked my posting style anyway :)

srsly though, I see you as a dg brother who I argue with from time to time... no harm in that... peace!

I think I was told "no' once for playing through. Somehow I managed to control myself and not throw over their heads.

I just can't care that much. I'll skip around or wait. No big deal.

yeah, what are you gonna do... throw over their heads?! lol

thought I was agreeing with you b3nder... ahhh you never liked my posting style anyway :)

srsly though, I see you as a dg brother who I argue with from time to time... no harm in that... peace!

That wasn't aimed at you, I was aiming over your head.

throwing on / over others, basically condones having the samething done to you, how unwise is that.
so much drama, so little commonsense / self-control, so sad.
smh

right, maybe not the first, because as you've shown, it's all about YOU. smh

still NOT getting the point, so you might have a problem with the second. smh

thread goes on, and on, and on........ :rolleyes:

I really should call in a translator for a message this cryptic, but I will try my best to decode it by myself.

You might think it is all about me, but in reality, it is about the rules and the quality of the game. If you are too dumb to even read the rules sign on hole 1, you are probably also too stupid to be trusted with a high-speed projectile and should abandon the sport altogether.

I totally get the point, I could mess up on my obnoxiously user-friendly line somehow and inadvertently hit somebody. If I sucked at throwing discs. Hasn't happened yet. Probably never will. If people wise up and just learn etiquette, letting faster groups/individuals play through at the teepads, for example, it for surely will never happen.

How did I do?

Thug's avatar says it all.
"I'll Hit You"
Great attitude for a disc golfer

Yeah, especially if you apply that mindset towards something... Like a basket... Also, familiarize yourself with One Punch Man. You owe it to yourself.

Sure T-hug. Your throws are yuge. So good. Really. We wouldn't believe how far you throw. And accurate. So accurate. Really accurate. Believe it. Very far and accurate. Really. So good at disc golf. The best.

Which is why you need to set an example. New players learn by watching people who throw far. They learn technique, strategy, and etiquette.

The way you inspire jackassery, disregard even the most basic tenets of decency and society, and bring out the worst in those around you, maybe you should just run for President of disc golf.

Sure T-hug. Your throws are yuge. So good. Really. We wouldn't believe how far you throw. And accurate. So accurate. Really accurate. Believe it. Very far and accurate. Really. So good at disc golf. The best.

Which is why you need to set an example. New players learn by watching people who throw far. They learn technique, strategy, and etiquette.

The way you inspire jackassery, disregard even the most basic tenets of decency and society, and bring out the worst in those around you, maybe you should just run for President of disc golf.

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.