• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing your course

Animix said:
I'm bored, here we go

Dodger Stadium/Chavez Ridge

1 - Shark
2 - Shark
3 - Eagle <just for a hole to throw a driver on... big hyzer>
4 - Shark
5 - Shark
6 - Shark
7 - Shark
8 - Shark
9 - Shark
10 - Shark
11 - Shark
12 - Shark
13 - Shark
14 - Shark
15 - Shark
16 - Shark
17 - Shark
18 - Shark / Eagle <310' uphill hyzer>

There are a 2-3 placements on most holes but they're all under about 270' except for the 18th hole

that is a lot of sharks. looks like someone needs to go to a longer course.

Whispering Falls, current layout (mixed pins)
1A: Force
2C: Roadrunner
3A: Stalker
4B: Stalker
5B: Force
6A: Wizard
7C: Roadrunner
8A: Force (forehand)
9B: Stalker
10B: Roc
11B: PD
12A: Roadrunner
13B: Roc
14A: Force (forehand)
15A: Wizard
16A: PD
17A: PD
18B: Force

It's tough. My friend loves the course because he has no arm. So we play and I get bored fast. There are quite a few trees and it's almost entirely side hill with the downslope to the left so if you miss, it's going way down hill and good luck finding it.

We have a short course like that here in springfield. It's a 9 hole and what a lot of people do is make alt tee's either just different, but around the same distance (short holes so you can change it up if you want). Or people like me, who can actually throw far, we use like 3 fairways as one hole, and go from there. It can piss people off, but 90% of the people there don't care and are chill and just play through it. I would never do this at an 18 hole course, or even a 9 where the mentality was "competitive" but here, its a park in the middle of the city, its mostly college students who are on in between breaks, or high. so meh. for what its worth. I've made some 200ft holes hard if you mess with your tee pad. Makes it more challenging.

I would also just bring a putter MAYBE a midrange. The past few months I have just brought my thumber disc and practiced lines with JUST overhand throws. Been pretty fun, and it actually helped my golf game on bigger courses.

BLURR said:
Shot one of my best rounds at the 9-holers down the street last night. This ain't no pitch and putt either. There was no wind last night either.

Hole 1(525 ft-downhill): XL, Challenger
Hole 2(290 ft-uphill): XL, Challenger
Hole 3(310 ft-uphill): XL, Challenger, Challenger
Hole 4(150 ft-flat): Magic, Challenger
Hole 5(270 ft-flat): Magic, Challenger
Hole 6(629 ft-slightly downhill): XL, Buzzz, Challenger
Hole 7(315 ft-uphill): XL, Challenger
Hole 8(579 ft-uphill): Flash, Meteor, Challenger
Hole 9(290 ft-downhill): Challenger, Challenger
That's an impressive round.

garublador said:
BLURR said:
Shot one of my best rounds at the 9-holers down the street last night. This ain't no pitch and putt either. There was no wind last night either.

Hole 1(525 ft-downhill): XL, Challenger
Hole 2(290 ft-uphill): XL, Challenger
Hole 3(310 ft-uphill): XL, Challenger, Challenger
Hole 4(150 ft-flat): Magic, Challenger
Hole 5(270 ft-flat): Magic, Challenger
Hole 6(629 ft-slightly downhill): XL, Buzzz, Challenger
Hole 7(315 ft-uphill): XL, Challenger
Hole 8(579 ft-uphill): Flash, Meteor, Challenger
Hole 9(290 ft-downhill): Challenger, Challenger
That's an impressive round.

The putter was working wonders that night. And the fact there was no wind made it really easy to keep my disc out of the shule. Played out there again on Saturday with the family and hit another ace. Two in two weeks. Now I need another to make it three in a row.