• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

please compare the s-cd and s-td

money 21

* Ace Member *
Could some one break down the s-cd and the s-td for me. how do they compare what other discs do they compare to?

CD - Glidier Viking (the good kind, not the broken mold Vikings) most likely. The stability seems to fluctuate like in PDs. I've thrown S-CDs that could replace a Sidewinder, and my favorite ones are like mini-PDs. The Ps are usually less stable. Works very well for shaping lines. My favorite P-CD flew like a speed 9 TL. They're also easy to tune back to original stability if beaten too much. Mine has gone through 2 cycles and still holds on.

Also, sneaaaaky long. Occasionally when I'm just trying to finesse the P-CD flat on the field at around 80%, it just doesn't get down and goes as far as my better max D rips (around 400', I'm currently maxing @ around 450'). I can't explain what happens, but it has done it more than once.

TD - Faster, meatier Roadrunner if you get the gummy ones. Super straight up to Feldberg levels of power if you get the stiffer ones. Dave's small hyzerflip resulted in an easy 450+ feet laser beam that hardly even faded. This at 80% power. C-TDs are usually the most understable.

I have both. For me the CD is straight with slight turn and very little fade. The TD is straight with no turn and a little more fade at the end. The TD holds a line very well. It will hold an anhyzer almost all the way to the ground.

Here is an article I wrote about the TD - http://www.examiner.com/sports-in-paducah/review-discmania-s-td-turning-driver

Have you fondled many TDs? Is your one of the stiffer ones, 'cause it sounds exactly like one of those.

Latest posts