• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please pick my DG vacation!

You might want to take a look at Cincinnati, Ohio. We have some pretty nice courses.

Idlewild- rating 4.77
Mt. Airy- 4.13
Osage- 3.90
Banklick/ Lincoln ridge- 4.47

Then an hour north in dayton
Handyman- 4.13
Belmont- 3.79

The thing with the twin cities is ...
You can play your first 18 hole course within 5 minutes of leaving the airport :D

Come in on runway 30R, sit on the right side of the plane, get permission to open a window, and you could throw at a basket as you land.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Basket01.jpg
    Basket01.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 170
probably not charlotte. this isn't the absolute worst time to go to the carolinas, but you can play there year round.

denver is probably a good choice based on what others have said.

september is the absolute best time to play in new england. and there is more than one metro area. multiple memorable destinations very close together. boston. portland. vermont. the white mountains. you could even start in new york. (not play there, fly in see the city for a day and then play the CT courses on the way to Boston)

just so much variety. both in disc and in non-disc activities

Yesterday I hosted a disc golfer traveling around the country. He had recently been in Massachusetts and said Maple Hill, et al, and was raving about it being some of the best disc golf he had played.

Here's a vote for the Denver area. I didn't plan far enough ahead to play Phantom Falls, Magic Meadows or Bucksnort and I still enjoyed every minute of my short stay out there (2 weeks ago).

Beaver Ranch and Bailey make an excellent pairing if you like playing disc golf in the mountains.

The Ghost Town course was also a very unique DG experience...lots of OB there.

The thing with the twin cities is you are not only extremely close to a ton of disc golf courses many of which are a blast to play the courses are surrounded by things to do, inside of multi-use parks, full of lakes/beaches/water activities, arts/science attractions, a public zoo/conservatory, the list goes on and on and on if you are coming here to not ONLY play disc golf.

The MN twins stadium is one of the best in the country (and being the team is horrible you will likely be able to get tickets for next to nothing...) Mall of America is well, the mall of America with a full day of stuff to do there and then some, Depending on when you come the MN State Fair could actually be going on (it ends on Labor Day) -- that's just a couple major things to note.

You can play your first 18 hole course within 5 minutes of leaving the airport :D

All of this plus Minnesota is one of the most gay friendly states in the US. Just sayin ;)

Spend a half week in each - that'll provide reasonable access to the Allentown, Northern Delaware, Central Maryland, and other nearby-area courses, plus plenty of non-disc golf options.
I was going to suggest something similar. Lancaster County PA is about an hour from Philadelphia and Baltimore and there are a TON of great courses all around from Philly to Baltimore and there are a ton of other things to see and do when not disc golfing. There are also a lot of mini disc golf courses here in Lancaster.

Yeah, Charlotte is probably going to be muggy still. Asheville isn't a DG paradise but there are nice courses around the mountains and Asheville is pretty gay friendly I've heard.

Then you could go home and write a review about how crappy Maple Hill and the east coast is compared to the Pacific Northwest. THEN, a bunch of long time DGCR members can spend months debating what a tool you are on a new thread. :p

Who did that? lol I must have missed that thread.

PAC NW doesn't have that many good courses and the ones we do have are all in Oregon and three hours away from me. I am getting the newest John Houck course 20 minutes from my house, grand opening August 23rd! YES! I'm slightly excited !!!! :)

All of this plus Minnesota is one of the most gay friendly states in the US. Just sayin ;)

This is a factor for sure. That and a city with good night life, restaurants, etc. DG during the day, exploring and fun during the night. We're 90% on Denver right now though. Thanks for great suggestions and info so far guys! :)

http://www.gay90s.com/ apparently it is a blast but I have yet to go there'

Denver doesn't have **** on us except some legal weed and well, that's plenty available here outside of the legality. MPLS is a really happy city for sure I didn't know E-rock was in the "know" but yep!

Denver doesn't have **** on us except some legal weed and well, that's plenty available here outside of the legality. MPLS is a really happy city for sure I didn't know E-rock was in the "know" but yep!

I was lucky enough to visit the Twin Cities and Denver this year. If I had to choose 1, I would pick Denver without hesitation.

Not to take anything away from the Twin Cities, but I just enjoyed the Denver area, the people and the courses that much more.

This is a factor for sure. That and a city with good night life, restaurants, etc. DG during the day, exploring and fun during the night. We're 90% on Denver right now though. Thanks for great suggestions and info so far guys! :)

well. if you did go with new england, and were heading into maine to play into one of the best areas for disc golf in the country, i would recommend stopping in ogunquit.

(full discretion, this is where i grew up)

but, it's sortof a beach art colony where a ton of the businesses(hotels/restaurants) are gay owned so it is basically a vacation spot for upper-middle class gay men from massachusetts.

i have very fond memories of the town. (to be fair, i enjoyed the limited competition for 16 year old girls on family vacations(i was also 16)) but is very beautiful and it is one of many amazing towns on the maine coast.

its not that close to the worthy courses in the state(which are away from the coast and more hilly) but it is on the way. (about an hour away)

if not this trip, then it should be on your radar.

Well if the gaydar, and extracurricular activities are the priority then Boston should be a no brainer. Doesn't Cape Cod have a lot of gay friendly resorts and towns too?

Sillybizz is coming East!!!!