• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please, Pimp my Bag!

Suomip

Hello everyone!

Let's say I'm approximately rookie/intermediate player..
My "perfect" drives are about 90-100 meters ( 300-300feet)

I would appreciate your opinion in my set of discs..

How's the setup looking?
I'm considering to purchase 1-2 new ones; which discs would you recommend to fill my bag with?

Putters:

Westside Swan2
Innova Yeti Pro Aviar

Mid Range:

Innova Mako3 180g / Champion
Innova Roc3 180g / Pro
Westside warship 180g / DX

Fairway:

Latitude Saint 175g / Opto
Innova Teebird 168g / Star

Drivers:

Innova Roadrunner 168g / Star
Innova Archon 168g / Star
Westside Northman 172g / VIP

Thanks for your help! :clap:

Ism in same power bracket and have found a blizzard wraith 160 consistently surpasses the 300 mark, and your better throws can push into 350. Blizzard plastic can turn over into the wind. 160-165 beast fits well into this power range also. What king of distance/flight do you get out of your tbird. I threw one for the first time yesterday day and liked it. But I am recovering from a calf muscle tear and not able to throw full power yet. Was only throwing roun 250 and would be curious to know how it behaves around 300 of power. I need a driver in my bag I can trust not to turn over, but not require 400 ft of power to keep it on a reasonable line

Saint/Teebird are kind of similiar. Maybe throw a River/Leopard/Amp in there?

At that distance, the Archon may or may not be too much disc...

Thanks for fast reply! I feel that i have power to do longer throws, but my technique is ****ed up :)
Ive been throwing for 1-2 years without too much of guidance/technique lessons.. I was just excited about the sport and just went to course and threw some (I had no one to teach me)

Now ive been watching more videos about proper technique..
So i'd have to undo the stuff i've learned by myself! Kinda tricky..

but; about the discs!

With teebird i throw dead straight with small fade.. When i nail it.. :) Approx 270-290 feet i guess?

At times i find myself throwing equally long with Mako3 and some of my drivers.. duh!

I've considered Leopard, but wasn't sure about it :)

Thanks!

- Janne

Every one has the power potential throw harder, but technique will go farther. It's no different than ball golf, just cause your strong as Conan the barbarian, doesn't mean your going to hhit the ball farther. Look at will schustrick (spelling) string bean hucks a disc a mile. I have also seen 100 lb Barbie queen out huck 95% of players on the course (400+ ). There is hope for all to improve distance, and it doesn't happen in the weight room.

I also throw a mako III, but play it up to around 230. The sport is addictive, and you can as much as your body can take..... Not how much your wallet can take ( ie ball golf)

Last edited:
I went through the same thing this summer...which is my second year actually playing. I had to completely desconstruct my form and spend a lot of time in the field with putters and mids (especially my Comet).

It's pretty tough to convince yourself that it's worth it when you start...I went from 300' most of the time (wildly inaccurately, to be sure) to about 250ish for a while. Now I'm in the 320' range when I need it, and I'm expecting 350' next year. Once I figured out some consistency, I could all of a sudden use more accurate discs for driving (read: lower speeds). I was carrying Destroyers and Kings and all sorts of warp speed stuff...now an Orc is the fastest thing I carry for BH...but it's still usually a Stag, Teebird, Leopard or putter off the tee. I just wish I would have had somebody to show me the way at the beginning!

Yea, I've tried to avoid discs which are faster than 10!
Archon was a present :p

If there are more opinions, I'm glad to hear 'em!
1½ hours left for -20% discount for all discs of Innova!

- J

I have archon also, bought when I didn't know anything. Way too fast for me and I dought I will ever gro into it. But it can be trusted not to turn into a roller on a forehand. I done throw forehand unless in trouble or halving a really bad driver day. I can throw this with crappy form on a forehand (almost a tommy) and trust it to flex out back to center. But, again , only use when can't get it together and just need to Finnish a round. When I spent more time with forehand in the past, this disc was good for me. Best shots (rare) 400 +, average closer to 300. But a disc of this speed is meant for consistently big arms.

I went through the same thing this summer...which is my second year actually playing. I had to completely desconstruct my form and spend a lot of time in the field with putters and mids (especially my Comet).

It's pretty tough to convince yourself that it's worth it when you start...I went from 300' most of the time (wildly inaccurately, to be sure) to about 250ish for a while. Now I'm in the 320' range when I need it, and I'm expecting 350' next year. Once I figured out some consistency, I could all of a sudden use more accurate discs for driving (read: lower speeds). I was carrying Destroyers and Kings and all sorts of warp speed stuff...now an Orc is the fastest thing I carry for BH...but it's still usually a Stag, Teebird, Leopard or putter off the tee. I just wish I would have had somebody to show me the way at the beginning!
It's the thrill of the hunt that keeps you coming back. It's breaking distance plateaus , lowering scores, experimenting wth technique/disc to help improve both...... The desire to improve is what keeps it interesting. Beat my best by one stoke today..........but I had a stupid three put on number nine. If I could match that round, but not throw in a three put,I could better my best again.....

I can't say I know much about the Warship or the Northman, so if they fill this role for you ignore me, but I recently increased the size of my bag, and in doing so I bought a dx whippet, absolutely meathook, (though I have had some really nice throws with it...) but a solid utility/FH/OH disc. I had a tough time handling really hard dogleg's of either direction, but most of the time I now pull out the whippet with its absurd fade, and either FH or BH depending on the dogleg, works really well.

So whether you go with a whippet, or a drone, or something a bit more like a firebird or something, I would suggest an overstable utility disc.

Things you could add to the Bag IMO

Overstable P&A
Discraft Zone
Innova rhyno or pig

Understable Midrange
Westside Tursas
Discraft Meteor

Overstable Midrange
Innova Gator
Discraft Drone

Understable Fairway
Westside Underworld