• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Please tell me it's worth it!!!

TeeRexJJ

Birdie Member
today i bought a cheetah and an eagle. they have almost the same numbers on innovas flight chart but please tell me i didn't waste money by getting both!

wouldn't know, only throw good plastic, discraft, quest at & millennium.

BIF13 said:
wouldn't know, only throw good plastic, discraft, quest at & millennium.

what a tosser... regardless of the accuracy of the statement, way to sound like an elitist snob...

The eagle and cheetah have some overlap, but are both good discs. They will have similar flight characteristics with the eagle being a little longer and faster. If it is an eagle-x it will be more stable than the cheetah.

IF it's an Eagle-X you have made a most excellent purchase. One of, if not, the most predictable drivers.

But, on another note, why do you even need the Eagle? You already have half of the greatest combo known to man. Just go buy an Aviar... bitches

pd

the cheetah should be more of an S disc - similar to the gazelle. the eagle should be a good straight to hyzer disc. sort of teebird-light.

hope they work for you.

Woot Woot I already have an aviar so now I can throw all my other discs away LOL. I can't wait to throw the cheetah. I know a lot of peoplehere love the cheetah

TeeRexJJ said:
Woot Woot I already have an aviar so now I can throw all my other discs away LOL. I can't wait to throw the cheetah. I know a lot of peoplehere love the cheetah

You just need to stay off of meat and start working out. Maybe you can work some bi...es :)

wow, it was meant tongue-in-cheek, but I guess there isn't much of a sense of humor in some people. I am deeply sorry to have offended you people and if I had known that my comment would have twisted your nipples so hard I definately wouldn't have done it.

BIF13 said:
wow, it was meant tongue-in-cheek, but I guess there isn't much of a sense of humor in some people. I am deeply sorry to have offended you people and if I had known that my comment would have twisted your nipples so hard I definately wouldn't have done it.

tongue in cheeck can be very hard to convey on boards.

I'd say that it should be obvious this was tongue in cheeck when you said you only threw good plastic and mentioned Quest.... but that would be too easy... and I like their discs, so I'm not.

and that was hilarious teerex

BIF13 said:
It didn't come off as a joke, it came off as you being a jerk. The part about it deeply offending us is coming off as you being condecending, too.

If it's an Eagle-L then they'll probably be fairly similar. The Cheetah might fade a bit more predictably and the Eagle might be a bit longer. If it's an Eagle-X then the Eagle will be more overstable and faster but will fill a similar role as the Cheetah. Basically what nearly zer0 said.

They'll both be good for field practice when you just want to get out and throw a bunch of discs.

BIF13 said:

Considering the story behind I was 99 % sure that you were kidding :) And thought it funny too. I certainly wasn't offended and poured fuel to the flames im my previous reply to this thread :p

I too have been misunderstood on this board before. Sometimes I've corrected people in public sometimes in private messages and sometimes not at all.

I hope you like them; Climo used to be all about the cheetah prior to the teebird., and Feldberg loves the eagle x Not my plastic of choice but they can work out for others. You might find that the eagle beat and the eagle new make a better combo than eagle and cheetah. I seem to remember Blake posting sometime quite awhile back that the cheetah had left many people with poor form after prolonged use. He might remember the post better.

It sounds like I'm in the minority, but even if it is the Eagle X I would not have both in the bag. There is too much overlap for me, as both are similar speed and similar stability. The Eagle is faster and more stable than a Cheetah, so it can handle more power and has more distance potential. Cheetahs are better for a guy like me...no power. They are squirrelly if you overpower them, but very accurate for the slower arms. Slower arms can't really take advantage of the distance potential of the Eagle, so you don't loose anything by discing down to a Cheetah, and gain accuracy from the reduced fade.

So for me, I'd pick one. Which one depends on your arm.

Actually I'd pick neither a throw a Gazelle. :p

haha i want to get a gazelle but nowhere locally has them. i also planned on just taking both out one day and putting whatever one i like better in the bag.