• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poetic Justice

ChUcKyZ

Double Eagle Member
Disclaimer: This just happened, thought I'd share. I hope to avoid another 3-page thread full of everyone's anecdotes of recovered discs that they have already recounted numerous times in other recovered disc threads. But hey, it's a public forum, so have at it.

Weekly dubs, teeing off on hole 3, Terrace Creek, across the valley of tree-filled doom. My partner (Dan) lands 15 ft away with a green champ beast, fabulous shot. As I'm teeing, I see some Dude meandering about by the pin and stop to wait for him to clear out. We see him pick up my partner's disc and we all yell "HEY!" and he drops it. He yells back that he's looking for his green champ beast that he just left on the hole 10 minutes ago. (Everything must be yelled, we're all 300 ft away from each other).

Someone on the hole 4 box holds up the disc in question and yells at him "you mean THIS green champ beast?"
Dude yells "yeah!"
Hole 4 man yells "the one that says 'Dan' on the back?"
Dude yells "yeah, thanks!"
Dan yells "is that my beast? The one I lost a week ago? WOOHOO!!!"
Dude yells "that's mine!"

Everyone yells "NO IT"S NOT!!!!"

Someone from the peanut gallery then started yelling at Dude "That's f'd up, dude. You just wait until I find one of YOUR discs that you lost. You know what I'll do? I'll call your number on the back, because THAT'S WHAT DISC GOLFERS DO!!!!"

Dude disappeared into the brush, and my partner, Dan, couldn't be happier to get his green champ beast back.

I hope he learned a lesson instead of learning to stay away from disc golf forever. I thought about tracking him down later to give him a man-to-man about what happened (I saw him playing with his buds later) but I figured he'd had enough public humiliation for one day.

scottp said:
Blink said:
Disc golf: Half sport, half scavenger hunt.

that's one of the greatest quotes I've heard on this site yet.

Haha no doubt... I like the one my dad would allways say when he used to come play with me. Disc golf: Hiking with a purpose.