• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Polecat

Pretty awesome looking so far, I totally get the inspiration for the polecat. Why the space scene and what are the baskets in the back inspired by though?
Thanks. The theme is:
Polecat vs baskets... Polecat wins!
In the stamp, the basket monsters are attacking him and he's mercilessly slaughtering them left and right. If I showed a "gutted" basket in the design, then DGU wouldn't stamp it because it would "condone course vandalism." I'm already a little worried that they won't stamp this version as-is. I should find out later today.

He's not supposed to be in space, it is just night time. However, I'm plotting a new original comic book idea and it is set in space; maybe I have space brain haha!

The baskets really reminded me of something and I wasn't sure what. I just realized they eerily similar to one of the villains from scooby doo. :p

Haha, thanks. That is a constant battle we face when designing stamps... does every stamp HAVE to be about disc golf? Art on the bottom of skateboards rarely has anything to do with skateboarding. I tend to not care if the design is DG related but this Polecat stamp just happened to carry the theme. Updated concept:

I don't think they need to be related either. But, that is a sick stamp. I'd buy one.

I mean,it's a longshot and I'm probably the only one who would make this association. Haha

Man I love Scooby Doo! Maybe I saw that episode and it somehow unconsciously inspired me :)
Here is the design I submitted to DGU to check for stampability. I'm not 100% sure this is the final configuration but it is really close at least. I also asked them to check one last time for premium discs. I'd absolutely love to have some premium Polecats in the batch!

83131846_3391336424271741_1642445126632472576_n.jpg

Man I love Scooby Doo! Maybe I saw that episode and it somehow unconsciously inspired me :)
Here is the design I submitted to DGU to check for stampability. I'm not 100% sure this is the final configuration but it is really close at least. I also asked them to check one last time for premium discs. I'd absolutely love to have some premium Polecats in the batch!

83131846_3391336424271741_1642445126632472576_n.jpg
Like the art, ready to buy, but must note that I showed it to four people and they all either asked why it was in space or mentioned something about it being set in space. It has a very outer-space vibe.

I say just roll with it and act like you did it on purpose. :|

I'll bite. Why do you give your DX discs an acetone bath?

I hate the waxy feel of most runs of DX that I have handled. 3 acetone scrubs, interspaced with light sanding, gets rid of most of the waxy feel. It does come back in a few weeks, but a light sanding cleans it back off.

Like the art, ready to buy, but must note that I showed it to four people and they all either asked why it was in space or mentioned something about it being set in space. It has a very outer-space vibe.

I say just roll with it and act like you did it on purpose. :|

Those stars in the background give it the "outer space" feel. No worries, it's still a good looking stamp. :thmbup:

Y'all do me a favor and not buy all these out when they hit the store, okay? I have a $5 off DGU card and they don't carry anything else I particularly want. :|

Y'all do me a favor and not buy all these out when they hit the store, okay? I have a $5 off DGU card and they don't carry anything else I particularly want. :|

These won't be through DGU :( The DGU guy I work with refuses to do a custom stamp on Polecats because they won't sell enough to make it worthwhile! And this problem is multiplied because I want the huge XXL stamp and two foil colors.

So I'm running this as my first self-produced project and I'll be selling them on my own. I fully realize I won't make any money after the dies and discs are ordered and will be LUCKY to not LOSE money. My time designing and executing the stamp will be uncompensated. In short, I'm doing this stamp for free because I love Polecats and want to see them get some custom stamp love <3

The first order will likely be the minimum 50 disc order unless I have significant evidence that we need more. If/when premium disc blanks arrive, I'll make sure some of those get stamped as a second run.

I hate the waxy feel of most runs of DX that I have handled.

I was in DGU today and the Polecats did not feel waxy :)

Last edited:
These won't be through DGU :( The DGU guy I work with refuses to do a custom stamp on Polecats because they won't sell enough to make it worthwhile! And this problem is multiplied because I want the huge XXL stamp and two foil colors.

So I'm running this as my first self-produced project and I'll be selling them on my own. I fully realize I won't make any money after the dies and discs are ordered and will be LUCKY to not LOSE money. My time designing and executing the stamp will be uncompensated. In short, I'm doing this stamp for free because I love Polecats and want to see them get some custom stamp love <3

The first order will likely be the minimum 50 disc order unless I have significant evidence that we need more. If/when premium disc blanks arrive, I'll make sure some of those get stamped as a second run.

I was in DGU today and the Polecats did not feel waxy :)

I'll pick up at least one, and I'll definitely grab a couple more if you're in danger of having them forever languishing on your shelf

I hate the waxy feel of most runs of DX that I have handled. 3 acetone scrubs, interspaced with light sanding, gets rid of most of the waxy feel. It does come back in a few weeks, but a light sanding cleans it back off.
I mean two days later and I'm still unable to process this. I've been trolling around on disc golf websites for a long, long time and this is officially the most insane thing I've ever read.

Frolf on you crazy diamond.

Latest posts