• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Polecat

XT Polecats are perfect broken in DX. So good. I fought so hard for Champs. If I'd known they weren't half the disc DXs were, I'd've asked for KCs instead like I realized after getting the twenty Champs I bought when they were released. As it is, I'm not sure you can improve on DX. If you have to go "weird", KC is where I'd be looking.

Mail call.

picture.php

XT Polecats are perfect broken in DX. So good. I fought so hard for Champs. If I'd known they weren't half the disc DXs were, I'd've asked for KCs instead like I realized after getting the twenty Champs I bought when they were released. As it is, I'm not sure you can improve on DX. If you have to go "weird", KC is where I'd be looking.
There are certain discs that just are magic in one plastic and meh in the rest. Cyclones in Tournament Pro plastic is the example I always give, those drivers in the 90's were awesome. Once they switched to X they were OK, Pro D was flippy and the Z Cyclones were bricks. The ESP ones were the closest, but still not quite there. It was really a one plastic mold.

The Champ Polecat thing reminded me of that. DX Polecats are something special that Champ Polecats just are not. I'm really happy that these stamps are on DX; it's a great stamp on a great disc. If it was on a Champ Polecat, it would be a great stamp. :|

Mail call.

picture.php

There are certain discs that just are magic in one plastic and meh in the rest. Cyclones in Tournament Pro plastic is the example I always give, those drivers in the 90's were awesome. Once they switched to X they were OK, Pro D was flippy and the Z Cyclones were bricks. The ESP ones were the closest, but still not quite there. It was really a one plastic mold.

The Champ Polecat thing reminded me of that. DX Polecats are something special that Champ Polecats just are not. I'm really happy that these stamps are on DX; it's a great stamp on a great disc. If it was on a Champ Polecat, it would be a great stamp. :|
Esp clones were great, but still different than the TPs. Domey ESPs and the X Cyclones were like more like longer comets than anything else I have thrown.

One of my best tourney memories was parking a tough par 3 that Rovere said was a bad hole both laps on a 9 hole course picking up 2 strokes on him each time. With my esp cyclone

Now polecat related cause thats why were here.
Eraser Polecats would be tits.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I have a 114gram polecat coming. Ordered it for my 5 year old son. Hoping it's good for him.

I wanna play around with it too haha. Sounds really fun!!!

They are great for warm up catch.

I have never liked putting polecats but my new to me circle stamp thats thrashed and clovered is quite comfortable for spin putting. It's my new favorite for arrow straight nose up long spin putts now.

I have a 114gram polecat coming.
Awesome, I have one of those and it is absolutely KILLER in the woods. The bad news: as soon as it sniffs a hint of wind, it is toast.

They are great for warm up catch... It's my new favorite for arrow straight nose up long spin putts now.
Agreed, Polecat has never been my primary putter. She's always been a go-to approach disc for me.

Does Simon Lizotte need a signature Polecat?
yes, yes he does :)

Awesome, I have one of those and it is absolutely KILLER in the woods. The bad news: as soon as it sniffs a hint of wind, it is toast.

I figured if it gets super windy I can give my little dude my max weight ion to toss around. Or if he gets decent with the super light one, maybe I'll find a 150-160 class one for him. But he's 5. It'll be fine....lol

I figured if it gets super windy I can give my little dude my max weight ion to toss around. Or if he gets decent with the super light one, maybe I'll find a 150-160 class one for him. But he's 5. It'll be fine....lol
I think my kids were something like 10 or 11-years-old before the light putters became an issue. Until then they couldn't really putt or approach anyway. They figured out drives a long time before they picked up on the short game.

I think my kids were something like 10 or 11-years-old before the light putters became an issue. Until then they couldn't really putt or approach anyway. They figured out drives a long time before they picked up on the short game.

That's what I figured. It's not like he's gonna be bombing 300'. It'd be cool, but certainly not happening this year. Heck....I struggle at that distance haha

That's what I figured. It's not like he's gonna be bombing 300'. It'd be cool, but certainly not happening this year. Heck....I struggle at that distance haha
In my experience I've seen kids that have picked up a sidearm slinging technique and can get some really good distance really early on, but the nuance of the backhand throws usually don't kick in for a bit.

It's like with anything, though. SOME kids will pick stuff up quickly and make impressive throws. MOST kids won't, and so for most kids it's more a matter of how much fun you can make it for them to be out in the park flinging plastic at trees for them to want to keep doing it.

In my experience I've seen kids that have picked up a sidearm slinging technique and can get some really good distance really early on, but the nuance of the backhand throws usually don't kick in for a bit.

It's like with anything, though. SOME kids will pick stuff up quickly and make impressive throws. MOST kids won't, and so for most kids it's more a matter of how much fun you can make it for them to be out in the park flinging plastic at trees for them to want to keep doing it.

He has a cannon of an arm with a baseball, so we might be able to get a flick game going. But, I have a cannon for a baseball arm and I can't seem to turn that into a decent FH to save my life so maybe it won't turn into anything.

We just have so much fun getting out and playing. He's also absolutely hooked on watching Simon's vlog. He wanted to start trying 360 drives after seeing Simon doing it. I let him give it a whirl. I wish I had a video haha. He whirled about 540 degrees and smashed the disc into the tee pad about 3 feet away. He looked at me and shrugged and said "apparently I'm not Simon". I just smiled and told him nobody really is lol. I convinced him we should stick to standstill shots after that.

Fastback is so much less practical. Discmania comes out with a retooled polecat like disc and lid popularity shoots through the roof

Or a lockjaw based disc in premium plastic from yikun.

I chaned out for an ace with my marmoset polecat today. Its a hole I usually throw a stable wizard. Slight tailwind and the cat held a beautiful sweeping hyzer.

...I chaned out for an ace with my marmoset polecat today...
I almost aced today too! 2" too low on a super tight gently turning hole. 200' long. It dead center of the basket. Even though the hole is short, it is pretty tricky; I'm happy to be barely outside the circle.
Man, that got the heart pounding REAL fast!

Or a lockjaw based disc in premium plastic from yikun.

I chaned out for an ace with my marmoset polecat today. Its a hole I usually throw a stable wizard. Slight tailwind and the cat held a beautiful sweeping hyzer.

There was a run of Lock Jaws in Liquid Metal plastic. All green and max weight.

I remember those. One of the better premium lids. Would look great with a Discmania stamp

There was a run of Lock Jaws in Liquid Metal plastic. All green and max weight.

I have one! Beefiest lid ever and the first one I could throw well. If they can manage the dome on these it could be an all time great disc.

Latest posts