• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Positive Vendor Experiences

ash81

Par Member
I'm passionate about who I give my business to based on quality product and attention to the customer. Recently, I've become a huge fan of Community Discs. I understand that it's hard to grow a buisiness and increase profit exponentially while keeping the customer service top notch. Justin is an amazing guy and will take care of you. If you haven't ordered from this vendor yet, I urge you to do so. You won't be sorry. There's an amazing attention to the customer and personal interaction that is unprecedented. I love trying out different online vendors, but I constantly find myself back at Community Discs because of the emphasis on quality vs. quantity. Great stuff! :cool: :thmbup:

That being said, I'd love to hear from others about positive experiences from other vendors. I really feel the personal interaction makes or breaks the retailer. As an example, I actually shop at my local PlayItAgain store vs. the small time pro shop that sits right next to the local course that's serious/challenging. I'd love to support the small guy, but in this case, the small guy seems to have more interest only 4 brands(Innova, Discmainia, Discraft, Vibram) with a small selection and bigger price tag. The guy that manages disc golf at my PlayItAgain is not only passionate about the game, but also bringing the biggest variety to his customers that also sells well. The "specialty/pro" shop has never called me when I left my number and a request. The "big time" PIAS guy ordered 2 different discs encompasing my standards and held the one I wanted while putting the other up on display for the general consumer. The big time guy is an encyclopedia of knowledge across all brands and can discuss form nuance, where the small time guy gives me a blank stare when I start talking shop.

My point is not to pit large retailers against small retailers and vice versa. I'm just interested in seeking out business folk that understand and love the sport as well as possessing the personal, social vibe that is charactaristic of disc golf. Community Discs is a great example as well as my local PIAS.

I'd like to hear other players opinions and suggestions. Give much love to your favorite vendor/retailer!!

Not sure if your post is a disguised advertisement or not... but what the heck I'll give some love.

From a tournament director's standpoint, I've had the opportunity to work with two Illinois vendors. Both were great at showing me the ropes of tournament directing and sharing their expertise with me. From a customer's standpoint (and as someone who often plays in their events), they are very good to their customers/players and they do business the right way.

Here are their links.

Plastic Addicts: http://www.plasticaddicts.net/

Aces and Chains: http://www.acesandchains.com/

No one selling discs retail is getting rich. Im sure some people have bad experiences regardless of where you shop. The sport is so small it does no good to publically call out or favor one place over the other. Few are generally better then others but all have some great deals at times and many of the worst like innova factory store do the most business so it obviously doesnt REALLY matter. I probably have done too much when it comes to hooking up retail buyers and not sure it makes a difference just costs me in the end. People buy discs from alllllll over and will always have good vs bad experiences. Just like when i go to any other local store or place.

Last edited:
I would like to give a big thumbs up for my local store, discstalker. discstalker.com. They have an internet presence, but I can't vouch for that, since I haven't used it except to register for tournaments. If you want a custom printed disc, they are the place to go. They do have a decent selection of discs, and pay a reasonable price for used plastic. I just picked up a new elite-X comet for under 10 bucks. Dave and the crew support local action, and have even put on free clinics in the past.

Marshall Street is a pretty darn good job, got to go to the throw is pretty good if you go to the store but online is sometimes iffy. Even in the store I've heard they can be a little snippy but once I got to know him a little bit they're pretty nice. Now that I'm shopping in Atlanta almost exclusively for discs there's a couple of guys PIAS that I like a lot.

Also the salient website as well as reptilian discuss I've always done well by me.

Community discs and Marshall Street are really the only two places you need online to shop for discs; Justin is a great guy who will let you know when something's up with your order, and the fact he always writes a note on the back of a business card about your order is a really great touch. And then Marshall Street has a gigantic selection and they always seem to get any orders out quickly. Plus their descriptions of discs on their website are pretty funny at times.

Breakin Chains Disc Golf in Hooksett NH is now my go to place for plastic, and possibly other disc golf related stuff. Bill Bruce, the owner, and his son Jim run the place but they are both relatively new to the sport. They are always looking to share the love and if a more experienced/better player comes into their shop they are happy to pick up a little extra knowledge themselves. Bill was instrumental in getting The Hollows Disc Golf Course in Manchester NH built and every time I talk with him he is looking forward and talking about building a much larger disc golf community. The selection in their shop is awesome, and that's mirrored on their website so from now on they will be getting my business, unless it's something special like McPro Roc3s.

I've actually gotten good service from the Innova Pro Shop, but I don't necessarily expect personalized service from them.
MarshallStreet.com is another good one.
I'll also order online from DiscGolfCenter.com.

Ive done good with everybody.
Mark at DGV.
Wendy at Clearwater.
Prime
Disc Golf Center
Sun King
all were good experiences.

Clearwater is always good and they do what they can to get you what they want. I have not ordered from them in a while, but they are good. The word underrated comes to mind.

Marshall St is also great, as is Infinate.

Discmania's pro shop is my favorite. They offer everything stock as well as limited runs and really spell out the differences between their offerings. I prefer them over the Innova pro shop. Reptilian is also a go to for me.

Disc golf center, dynamic discs, infinite discs, innova pro shop. Marshall street. All very good choices

From my experience, it would seem great customer service is the norm: DGCenter, Pipe Dreams, Disc Nation, Hazard, Gotta Go, etc.

I've never had a bad experience from any of them, and I've never bought from the stars of customer service often cited here.

Why be a douche when you have a great job?

The best vendor experience I've personally had, by far, is with Gorilla Boy bags. Even when heavy demand created a long waiting list and backlog he handled everything professionally, honestly, and orderly. My GB Silverback is like my best buddy; the adventures we've had together. Very loyal customer.

discgolfcenter.com is always professional, well-stocked, and helpful. I really appreciate their clean and easy-to-use website layout, with a few *minor* quibbles.

I have made my last few purchases through Marin Disc Sports.. I throw all Legacy and he had an amazing variety of Legacy Discs and very low prices.. Very cool unique stamps, 1st Runs, and fundraisers all at amazingly low price. What's better than low prices, add great customer service. I remember a while back when the Summertime Legend Rampages were realeased, I was $5 short on my PayPal and being the nice guy Dave Lender is, he still sold it to me at a discount so I could afford it.. He doesn't only sell Legacy and has a variety of other discs as well. If u haven't bought from Marin before, I highly recommend giving them at least a look. Marindiscsports.storeenvy.com

Not sure if your post is a disguised advertisement or not... but what the heck I'll give some love.

From a tournament director's standpoint, I've had the opportunity to work with two Illinois vendors. Both were great at showing me the ropes of tournament directing and sharing their expertise with me. From a customer's standpoint (and as someone who often plays in their events), they are very good to their customers/players and they do business the right way.

Here are their links.

Plastic Addicts: http://www.plasticaddicts.net/

Aces and Chains: http://www.acesandchains.com/

I thought someone might think that after I posted, but no I just appreciate the people who seem to really love what they do in the retail area. Disc Golf is such a small niche market right now, that you either find vendors that play themselves and love what they do, or some others that just have it as a small part of another business that they kinda try to cash in on. I'm just interested in spreading by word of mouth who I've been happy with as well as hearing about others. It's important for me to put my money towards the buisinesses with good customer service and a passion for the sport.

Latest posts