• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw that picture , this hole came to mind. This is hole #F2 at Spring Valley, near Houston. The fairway is not very wide, its 264ft to the basket. The Basket is just to the left of the guy at the far end of the fairway. I parked it with a Star TL, and an LS Polaris.

hole2springvalley.jpg

Also, this hole comes to mind. This is hole #2 at Timber Lane, near Humble, TX and my home course. The fairway narrows down to 7ft. Its only 157ft, and the basket is protected between two trees, and I aced it with my Soft Magnet:

TimberLanehole2resized.jpg

Don't let holes like this get in your head. Practice throwing your putter, or something straight like a Buzz, or a Polaris, or TL.

It's been more than 5 years since I lived in iowa but there was a hole at walnut ridge just outside of des Moines that was about a 400 foot tunnel shot if I remember. If i can find a puc i will post it.

Since we are on the subject of posting local tunnel shots, I wanted to share this picture of hole #6 at Ausable Chasm disc golf course. It's a long, perfectly straight fairway thats about 520' long. It then turns 90 degrees to the right with the basket about 40' off the fairway. Overall length is 574' and it's a par 5. The fairway is about 25' wide and the ceiling is only about 20' high. This hole has very little room for any sort of "distance" throw, no room to work left and right and a very low ceiling which makes you keep your drive low. Very fun hole to play....

photobucket-1445-1312763838950.jpg
[/IMG]

Guess I'll aDd that course to my list for my fall trip this year. Looks like an easy hole for me to shoot a double bogey on.

Guess I'll aDd that course to my list for my fall trip this year. Looks like an easy hole for me to shoot a double bogey on.

Sounds like wishful thinking for me there.

I'd just keep throwing roller after roller until I took a 9 or so.

Since we are on the subject of posting local tunnel shots, I wanted to share this picture of hole #6 at Ausable Chasm disc golf course. It's a long, perfectly straight fairway thats about 520' long. It then turns 90 degrees to the right with the basket about 40' off the fairway. Overall length is 574' and it's a par 5. The fairway is about 25' wide and the ceiling is only about 20' high. This hole has very little room for any sort of "distance" throw, no room to work left and right and a very low ceiling which makes you keep your drive low. Very fun hole to play....

[/IMG]

Two shots with a Polaris, and you are at the trun. Looks like a fun hole.

This is hole #5 at Shawshank in Huntsville ,TX (about 60 miles north of Houston) . I havn't played here yet, but I want to when it gets cooler.

Its 208ft, but it looks nuts. If you can throw your putter straight, it might not be too bad

shawshank.jpg

Hey Sloppydisc, do you remember this one? Hole #12 at River Grove Park in Kingwood, TX. It sucks that this course went private, and is off limits to the public unless you play with a resident of Kingwood.:

Picture020.jpg

[/IMG]

My Stingray or ESP Comet would thread that.

hallways kick as$. i could spend an hour at that shawshank hallway blazin all 30 putters i own.:cool:

Hole 7 at Zobel, 179 uphill, 5-6 feet wide all the way up.

Attachments

• CIMG8160.jpg
    CIMG8160.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
This is hole #5 at Shawshank in Huntsville ,TX (about 60 miles north of Houston) . I havn't played here yet, but I want to when it gets cooler.

Its 208ft, but it looks nuts. If you can throw your putter straight, it might not be too bad

shawshank.jpg

I don't think that one would be that hard, even if you bounce off the fairway, you could still easily take a three with a FH roller or something,because the the trees aren't that close together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts