• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

Entrance to the pipe was in-bounds, but the pipe runs under an OB road about 7-8 ft in. I was definitely out-of-bounds.

The way I understand the rule, then, is that your new lie would be 1 meter in perpendicularly from the OB line, on the playing surface. Might be on the berm of the road, above the pipe. If that puts you all the way to the entrance to the pipe, then it works out the same either way. Penalty stroke for the OB. Or optional rethrow (with penalty) from the last lie. Right, rules guys?

I don't know the rule precisely, but wouldn't the fact that it was carried ob by water be important? Like if your disc is stuck in a tree and then is blown out by the wind? In the latter case you don't get the 2M penalty (not that it's ever in play anymore), so I suppose in the former it would make sense that the disc wasn't ob.

Last edited:
I don't know the rule precisely, but wouldn't the fact that it was carried ob by water be important? Like if your disc is stuck in a tree and then is blown out by the wind? In the latter case you don't get the 2M penalty (not that it's ever in play anymore), so I suppose in the former it would make sense that the disc wasn't ob.

Well that's one of the things that made it so funny. That pipe is just there for flood alleviation, and there's almost never any water in it. It's set perpendicular to the fairway, and is only about 200 feet from the teepad. I picked an overly-safe line to the right to avoid the actual water hazard on the left, then compounded that by an accidental anhyzer, then compounded it even more with a timely grip lock. It was going full speed into the pipe. I don't think I could do it again if you gave me a hundred tries. The guys in my group were joking that I should go make a claim on the tournament ace pot.

Went back Friday to get it. Two 8-ft long 2x2's, some screws, a tree trimmer, a coat hanger, and some duct tape later, I got it back. Played with it yesterday and shot the best round of my life :D

IMG_20170120_191209130_zpsjiuvv83w.jpg

Anyone know this disc golfer?

5eb1604c53c6592cac21be0545bb555b.jpg

Someone submitted this to TheChive.com

Bummer alert! It's not like this hole was any sort of masterpiece to begin with, but at least the trees on the right were full enough to prevent the easy RHBH hyzer line.

As someone who works with trees, this photo is horrifying. They may survive; it's hard to tell what kind of trees they are, but they will never be the same. That's a shame.

Wonder how he feels about going viral.

Ever see a pic of Sarah Hokom throwing? :\

Unfortunately, freeze frames of the throwing motion can be quite unflattering. Just look at most of the pics in Discgolfer magazine. :|:|

Yeah, remember Beyonce is forever sueing websites that post unflattering freeze-frames of her manly self. :sick:

Last edited:
Was a pretty drive with my Pre Avery *D until it tried to squeeze through 2 trees

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1489463978784.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489463978784.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 223
  • FB_IMG_1489463985636.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489463985636.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 200
Is that electrical tape? Electrical tape does not work well in the cold. Use duct tape and make sure the disc is warm and clean when you put it on. Then let it get cold before you use it so that you don't get ice sticking to the disc.

Hmmm. In the weekly night winter league that I play, in Minnesota temps at or below zero, we ONLY use electrical tape. Its gotta be 3M 33+....the good stuff.
I believe our league director banned all other tapes as they are inferior.

I throw a first run buzzz at night in a foot of snow when using electrical tape.

Hey, since when did they change it to Opossum? What's up with that? I mean, when I was coming up it was just Possum, you know?

I went to school in the '60's and '70's when an opossum was an opossum and Pluto was both a dog AND a planet. Corroborated by the graph halfway down the page on that link, thanks! :)

tumblr_omtwymEkFM1v9kyzpo1_540.gif

After throwing his entire bag over the fence into the hills in frustration, I ask him, "Is that everything?". He then hands me the mini and tosses the backpack in the trash.

Latest posts