• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

Ask and you shall receive.

You got it Bogey!

picture.php

picture.php

Not my pics. Just a simple google search. :D

Welcome Jack. And when did you last derail a thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to teach an interactive intro to herpetology class for an outdoor ed program, and we had coral snakes on our 1,100 acre property (among many other venomous and non-venomous snakes), here's a few fun facts about coral snakes:

They are much less aggressive than their other venomous counterparts (water moccasin/cottonmouth, copperhead, and most rattlesnakes which are not really that aggressive hence the rattle so you'll just leave them alone).

They are the only North American venomous stake that uses neurotoxin instead of hemotoxin (affects the nervous system and paralyzes your muscles, including your diaphragm; hemotoxins clot your blood and stop your heart)

They have lil heads compared to other snakes, so if you really harass one enough to where it will try to bite you (please don't they're generally kind and gentle) it can really only do real damage if it gets you between the fingers or toes. Your arms and legs are too broad for it to get a good bite.

Bonus fun fact: baby snakes are more dangerous than adult snakes because they can't regulate their venom, so they just inject it all at once

I have been lucky in South Dakota we have the Northern Prairie Rattler and I have 2 encounters, one with Disc Golf at a Private course that is okay to play in his back yard and using a neighbors land he got just for hunting. The other is Running the last time one could run the full length of this trail before the South Dakota State Game Fish and Parks put a new public target range for 22 caliber rifles and can be used for pistol shooting as the two gun types are the same distance, Now only just slightly under 3/4th the trail can be run. Odd for a second range when they had the Rifle range that people used to sight in 22 rifles often bringing a box and target or one of the square targets to sight in a 22 at closer range then 150 yards as the close target.

You got it Bogey!

picture.php

picture.php

Not my pics. Just a simple google search. :D

Is that top one from South Dakota at Oahe Downstream State Park, Course Powerhouse Ally? If so, that is during the 2011 Missouri River Flood that ruined the bottoms of the basket, most of the tops and chains were okay from the flood as the tops and chains went on the Steamboat Park course Lighting DB-5 baskets so both courses have basically the updated Mach III. I know those baskets were the older style Mach III and now Oahe Downstream State Park, Course Powerhouse Ally has Updated Mach III the galvanized powder-coated version in the blue in 2014 or 2015, funds right away were used for the boat stuff first so the course had to wait so long.

Last edited:
First round in months today. Was going to play solo but ended up joining a group of the regulars. Unfortunately during a wind storm last week a tree just totally obliterated one of the tee pads and its bench.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 773C5966-5E80-4BFE-ADD7-6D76DE39930F.jpg
    773C5966-5E80-4BFE-ADD7-6D76DE39930F.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 388
Coastal Erosion

They are installing riprap to try to slow down the erosion on hole #17 at Picnic Island. Just within the last 6 months about 4 feet of the fairway has washed away.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hole 17 Riprap (5).jpg
    Hole 17 Riprap (5).jpg
    149 KB · Views: 316
They are installing riprap to try to slow down the erosion on hole #17 at Picnic Island. Just within the last 6 months about 4 feet of the fairway has washed away.

attachment.php

Maybe there will be less picnickers sitting in the road now, since there is less road.

Maybe there will be less picnickers sitting in the road now, since there is less road.

Wishful thinking. As I was leaving this morning I saw one young lady laying out a beach blanket right there. I've seen them set up a wedding tent on the short tee. You have to admit, it is a nice view. :)

Holy crackers - derechos don't mess around. Still remember the one that hit the DC area a few years ago.

Latest posts