• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I traded a bunch of discs I don't need for a few discs I don't need and grabbed a new blue DM original cuz I wanted to see how they compare.

Grippy somewhat soft plastic and more dome than I like for a PD, pretty flexy flight plate. I prefer them flat and firm. Flies pretty nice, like a slightly mellow PD. Not as OS as I expected. Not in love with the feel and prefer my stack of originals and Phantom Sword. I personally think they hit the mark better with the new FD.

I looked at a bunch of PD's at my local shop today. They only had like green and lemonade-y yellow, and there's a good deal of some variance within each color. Interestingly though, all of the green discs had a notably higher PLH than the yellow ones, and within each color the PLH was the same, regardless of dome level or weight. There was one exception, a 170g green one, mostly flat, with a PLH exactly in the middle between the two colors. It was also a little lighter in color than the other greens.
I've never thrown a PD before, but I did snag that middle PLH one. It's definitely a bit more OS than I expected, but is a great disc. I was kinda hoping it will beat in to replace an old champ orc that was getting a little too beat in, and it likely won't be that disc for a while, as it has too much HSS at this point. It's laser straight with a gentle, yet dumpy fade. It starts moving left and then just sort of falls out of the air without getting a ton of lateral movement or skip. It's like once the face kicks in, it just runs out of steam and drops the the ground. For reference, I got this same flight RHBH and FH, at roughly 375' and 325', respectively. I didn't really try a lot of anhyzer with it, but don't think that's what this disc is really for.
I'd say it's one step up from a beefy thunderbird or mellow firebird in stability. Not sure if it'll make the bag over the Stål, as I can get nearly the same distance from a Stål, but it's a good disc.

who's ready for these? i ordered 2 of course

https://www.discmania.net/collectio...special-blend-s-line-pd-2022-finnish-champion

Niklas_Anttila_Finnish_Champion_2022_Nordic_Phenom_SHAREPIC_1_720x.jpg

"This particular PD is something we are extremely excited for. Niklas Anttila's signature PD boasts a tremendous amount of glide and a straighter flight compared to the C-Line production runs. Special blend plastic contains natural variances in color that provide a unique and visually appealing look to each. These discs also offer more grip with special blend plastic so you can perform in any condition without sweating the small stuff."

Sold out already. Did you (or anyone else) happen to notice what was the lightest weight range available?

Thanks!

Between two new C-line PDs and two new MF FD3s, I didn't feel the 'need' to grab some. I'm too impatient for preorders anyway. In the ask Discmania thread, Discmania_Support said they probably won't run discs lighter than 165-169g class.

Sold out already. Did you (or anyone else) happen to notice what was the lightest weight range available?

Thanks!

All 999 listed at 173-175 - sold out in 30 minutes.

PD's widely available for months...made by the actual mold they have always been made from...not sure what the fuss here is https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/search.php?search_query=phantom%20sword

Maybe you havent tried the new italian c-line? Its alot nicer than the plastic you'll be getting if you order the innova run. Also in this case, this is a special blend s-line that has the new italian c-line mixed in...and as they noted this run is a little less stable than the c-line PD. Really nice grippy plastic.

Not that impressed by it myself. Understood it's pretty much just Opto ice. Found the constant emphasis on their marketing about this so-called "Italian blend" kinda off-putting. That and the 20 something times a disc gets flipped in a promo vid. :D Oh well, guess it works for kids.
On the other hand I had to wipe every stamp from the Dark rebel(FD), Phantom Swords (PD) and Elixer (PD2) as those stamps are horrible imo. Nordic Phenom stamp looks dope though.

Last edited:
The Opto Ice Tursas that I have from the Trilogy Challenge this year is substantially softer than any new Discmania C Line I have.

I have a new PD that I got in a players pack at a tournament. Have to say I'm not overly impressed with the plastic. I like a little gummyness and grip and this thing has as much give as a brick. I guess if a guy likes super hard, super stiff plastic it will be the cat's meow but for those people that like a hint of suppleness to their plastic this thing is horrible.

The Lucid Ice Raider and C-Line FDs I have are literally the same plastic. I felt a buddy's new C-Line PD as well and quite liked it as it felt the same as my FDs and Raider. Color might impact stiffness/guminess? All the discs I mentioned are the plum color. This plastic to me seems like it's between Opto and Champion in terms of both stiffness and durability. It's taking a while for my C-Line FD to beat in.

I have some Opto Ice Tridents and some new Cline PDs and the plastics are verrrryyy similar. The PDs are from that first run batch and they are actually a little gummy. C-Line is holding up well for me too. I've been throwing fh rollers with one and haven't really noticed any loss of stability. They are pretty beefy too, more so than the Phallic Swords I tried.

The Lucid Ice Raider and C-Line FDs I have are literally the same plastic. I felt a buddy's new C-Line PD as well and quite liked it as it felt the same as my FDs and Raider. Color might impact stiffness/guminess? All the discs I mentioned are the plum color. This plastic to me seems like it's between Opto and Champion in terms of both stiffness and durability. It's taking a while for my C-Line FD to beat in.

interesting, i havent got my hands on any of the lucid/opto ice yet.

I've got a newer Justice that I'm pretty sure is that plastic but isn't labeled differently. Flatter than any lucid Justice I've had in years though.

I've got a newer Justice that I'm pretty sure is that plastic but isn't labeled differently. Flatter than any lucid Justice I've had in years though.

I've seen those. Definitely flat and the plastic is super clear for lack of a better description. I've heard they have run Felons in that plastic and they're supposed to be on the beefier end of the Felon spectrum. Been keeping an eye out for one but haven't seen one in the wild yet.

Yeah I know it's off-topic since we're talking about the new c-line/opto ice but I really want Latitude to make some Saints or Fuses in that plastic since it seems like most molds that are molded with it are beefier and perhaps more durable as well. There's quite a few Trilogy molds that could use the opto ice treatment.

The couple of the newer C-Line PDs though, I would say are more mellow/straighter side of PD, however it's a brand new mold so who knows how the old Innova mold would fly like in that new italian stuff.

Last edited:
I've heard that the new-mold PDs fade harder than the majority of Innova made ones. Do the new ones still carry the same signature forward fade? Or was that partially lost in the re-creation?

Yeah I know it's off-topic since we're talking about the new c-line/opto ice but I really want Latitude to make some Saints or Fuses in that plastic since it seems like most molds that are molded with it are beefier and perhaps more durable as well. There's quite a few Trilogy molds that could use the opto ice treatment.

The couple of the newer C-Line PDs though, I would say are more mellow/straighter side of PD, however it's a brand new mold so who knows how the old Innova mold would fly like in that new italian stuff.

Yeah a lucid ice escape would be interesting to try

I've heard that the new-mold PDs fade harder than the majority of Innova made ones. Do the new ones still carry the same signature forward fade? Or was that partially lost in the re-creation?

I got my hands a on a couple and they were gummy and opaque and felt a little different than the other molds in the new Italian c-line so I decided to hold off until I find a stiffer clear run